Am I eligible for the gold card?

Hi everyone.

I am new to this thread and the entire forum. Sorry in advance if I ask too many ‘amateur’ or ‘ill-informed’ questions - I cannot seem to find a concrete source of information that relates to my set of circumstances. I am here, hoping someone will guide me.

I am wanting to apply for the Gold Card, under the Education category. From what I’ve seen, there aren’t many (very little, in fact) applications that are accepted, compared to the Economy category (please correct me if I’m wrong). Naturally, I’d be worried about this, but I am remaining optimistic.

QUALIFICATIONS

Bachelor of Arts (Majoring in Japanese)

Bachelor of Music (Majoring in Piano)

Postgraduate Diploma of Teaching (Classroom Music)

Master of Teaching (TESOL - Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)

Alma Mater: The University of Melbourne, Australia.

I have just under 7 years teaching English as a Second Language to migrants (namely, refugees) both in the classroom and through distance education.

Over 12 years teaching piano, privately (though I doubt this would have any impact on my application if I do decide to go through with one).

I also have a government issued teaching license.

I do not qualify for the $160,000 NT salary requirement because, well, you know, I’m a teacher. Enough said, I guess …

I guess the only category I (potentially) fall under is the education category, but will my profile be sufficient for this ever increasingly popular gold card? I am really hoping it will, and I hope more than ever, someone here could let me in on whether I’d be successful or not, or if it is even worth applying.

I thank you for reading my post. I look forward to any comments. Have a lovely weekend, and stay safe.

Fiona.

then click on the tab for Education