Am I on the right track with paperwork?

I am in my final preparation stages before leaving for Taiwan. I want to be sure I have gathered all the necessary documents that can help me while living in Taiwan. For now, I don

When you say “(notarized)” … I assume that you mean “stamped by my nearest Overseas Taiwanese Representative Office.”

If so, then you have done the right thing.

By the way, to my knowledge here in Taiwan, a “Clean Criminal Record Check” (CCRD) is considered valid for three months from date of issue.

[quote=“Hartzell”]
By the way, to my knowledge here in Taiwan, a “Clean Criminal Record Check” (CCRD) is considered valid for three months from date of issue.[/quote]

This is something I have wondered about as well because, in the case of applying for an APRC, the National Police Administration website says the following about CCRDs:

One original and a copy of Police Criminal Record Certificate within the last five years which is issued from applicants home nation and valid within 3 months of issue

Within the last five years and valid within 3 months of issue? Confused…

[quote=“citizen k”]This is something I have wondered about as well because, in the case of applying for an APRC, the National Police Administration website says the following about CCRDs:

One original and a copy of Police Criminal Record Certificate within the last five years which is issued from applicants home nation and valid within 3 months of issue

Within the last five years and valid within 3 months of issue? Confused…[/quote]
With a link to the site I can get it clarified and fixed. MY best guess is it should show a record going 5 years back and have been issued within the last 3 months (that’s going on memory from over 3 years ago though.)

Given the 3 month validity rule re the criminal record, shouldn’t derek get married as soon as he gets over here?

[quote=“miltownkid”][quote=“citizen k”]This is something I have wondered about as well because, in the case of applying for an APRC, the National Police Administration website says the following about CCRDs:

Within the last five years and valid within 3 months of issue? Confused…[/quote]
With a link to the site I can get it clarified and fixed. MY best guess is it should show a record going 5 years back and have been issued within the last 3 months (that’s going on memory from over 3 years ago though.)[/quote]

Here it is:
tcpd.gov.tw/tcpd_english/all … 5&t_type=d

I took it to mean the same as you stated; 5 years back, issued within 3 months.

Thanks, MK.

I ditto on that.

Also, you should remember that this is in regard to CRIMINAL matters … so it doesn’t matter if you got into a royal dispute with your neighbor and he called the police, or if you were taken to court because you owed someone $600 …

hmmmmm :s

Mine just says that the county I live in has no criminal record for me. No dates saying it goes back 5 years, just says I am not a criminal or ever was. It is not a state or national criminal search either…just the county I live in. Did I get the wrong one? Ai yo…did I waste $25? :blush:

Canadian ones are the same; no stated period of time, just that you don’t have a criminal record. Best to have it authenticated by the Taiwan Economic and Trade Office in closest to you, if you haven’t already, and be sure to use it within three month of having been issued.