Am I the only Forumosan who's ever smoked pot?

There is a bye law on F.Com that one should not encourage illegal activities. This may be the reason that some people (mods included) sometimes take a pious point of view - and sometimes it may be intended to be funny (god forbid!).

Nothing wrong with consenting adults experimenting with drugs, I had my share of bad experiences before I was offered anything hard - friends who passed away, threw away promising careers etc. so never felt the urge to get involved. Smoked a joint for the first time in my late teens and never did any more than that and get drunk as a skunk. . . but feel free to do what you like - providing its legal. :whistle:

[quote=ā€œEdgar Allenā€]There is a bye law on F.Com that one should not encourage illegal activities. This may be the reason that some people (mods included) sometimes take a pious point of view - and sometimes it may be intended to be funny (god forbid!).

Nothing wrong with consenting adults experimenting with drugs, I had my share of bad experiences before I was offered anything hard - friends who passed away, threw away promising careers etc. so never felt the urge to get involved. Smoked a joint for the first time in my late teens and never did any more than that and get drunk as a skunk. . . but feel free to do what you like - providing its legal. :whistle:[/quote]

I heard you smoked quite a lot of cock in your youthā€¦

I think Iā€™ve done most excluding heroin and prescription drugs. Wonā€™t do most again except MJ which had been a constant companion until I moved to this island.

I recommend this movie to everyone regardless the pulpit they preach from:

theunionmovie.com/

Jeez. 6 have tried heroin and 7 have tried crack! Forumosans are less boring than I previously imagined!

I canā€™t believe you are all documenting your drug use on the flob! This is totally going to end up in the papers.

ā€˜50% of foreigners drug users! says expat websiteā€™

Not ALL. I was just asking. Personally, Iā€™ve never even tried coffee (and if I had I wouldnā€™t broadcast it online). As you know, caffeineā€™s a gateway drug. A friend once offered me green tea icecream, but thankfully I donā€™t have such low feelings of self esteem that I feel compelled to give in to peer pressure. Green tea one day, brown sugar the next.

Be strong folks. :wink:

Although my flute got root beer on it, I immediately rinsed it off.

Oh sureā€¦so it must be all those non-smokers behind the decriminalization policies in Britain. Donā€™t kid yourself. I suggest you check-out UCHASH in Norwich or the Exodus Collective. Britain has got itā€™s own grass movement (pun intended) and theyā€™re further along than we are towards decriminalization. The U.S. currently has 13 states that allow medical marijuana - including mine. I think my back hurts. :wink:

Oh sureā€¦so it must be all those non-smokers behind the decriminalization policies in Britain. Donā€™t kid yourself. I suggest you check-out UCHASH in Norwich or the Exodus Collective. Britain has got itā€™s own grass movement (pun intended) and theyā€™re further along than we are towards decriminalization. The U.S. currently has 13 states that allow medical marijuana - including mine. I think my back hurts. :wink:[/quote]

Why would I do that? I donā€™t care what other people do - Iā€™m talking about my experience and opinion.

Oh sureā€¦so it must be all those non-smokers behind the decriminalization policies in Britain. Donā€™t kid yourself. I suggest you check-out UCHASH in Norwich or the Exodus Collective. Britain has got itā€™s own grass movement (pun intended) and theyā€™re further along than we are towards decriminalization. The U.S. currently has 13 states that allow medical marijuana - including mine. I think my back hurts. :wink:[/quote]

Why would I do that? I donā€™t care what other people do - Iā€™m talking about my experience and opinion.[/quote]

You have lots of experience with American teenagers?? :smiley: Thatā€™s a post for a different thread.

I just think its great that this thread was started by someone with the sn Mother Theresa. Iā€™m sure she would approve.

And me personally, I have never done drugs (except alcohol). I grew up right outside of Houston and my highschool had a bit of a drug problem (too much money and no parental supervision). Hell, I knew 5 drug dealers in hs, but after a neighbor got arrested in a giant drug bust when I was 14 I just decided it wasnā€™t worth the risk to try anything. So while I donā€™t do drugs I do wish, for the sake of many of my friends, that they would legalize pot already. Itā€™s freaking safer than ciggeretts.

yes.

what? (I am allergic to the stuff. will literally kill me. thank god for scotch. if that is gone, well, so am iā€¦)

Allergic to what? Pot? If that were true you could light up and be the first person ever on the face of the planet to die from Marijuana.

like one of those John Oliver sketches on the Daily Show, Smoking Polls :sunglasses:

Really? people donā€™t die of Marijuana? so why is it illegal? Because its addictive? I never thought about it before now.

Always have been anti-drug. Smoked a joint once, got a headache, didnt see the point :slight_smile:

Dont even like drinking after the first drink or two, it gets ugly. Hv been drunk quite a few times in the past. NOT FUN>

Drink a drink or two at times now and thats ok. A slight buzz is all you should get.

I smoked weed without a single day off it for about 18 years. I grew my own shiva for a long time. Shrooms and acid a handful of times, coke about 20 times and peyotes once. About three years ago I was stranded in Vancouver for two days due to flights problems. Bored shitless and on my own, I ended up trying crack. Some street bum was pushing it. It was quite enjoyable but I can see why that stuff would fuck people up pretty good over timeā€¦ I ended up back out for more at 4 am, found some and never got an ounce of sleep that night. Got on the airplane feeling like shit the next dayā€¦ :loco:

I donā€™t regret any of it, although I think I could have had more diversified experiences had I not spent so much cash on weed over the years. I flushed a chunk of hash in the toilet about 2 years ago and I havenā€™t touched any drugs since then apart from a beer here and there and coffee. I feel better, and I have more money to do other things I enjoy doing more. In fact, I quite enjoy being clear-headed/sober these days.

Drugs are wonderful in moderation. I have not pledged to never do drugs again, I just choose not to for now.

Saddle Tramp: Charlie Daniels
Hell, even a redneck, right wing, good old boy singā€™s it praises.

[color=#0000FF]Well you pass around the pipe and you all get high
Never even stop and wonder why
Maybe itā€™s because you wanna die
Maybe itā€™s just he the way things have to be

You stay up late and drink too damn much whiskey
You know that sort of thing is kind of risky
Maybe itā€™s just because you like to feel frisky
Maybe itā€™s just because you like to feel free

Saddle Tramp
How many people watch you ridinā€™ by
Like a thunder cloud that floats
Across the Arizona sky
And wonder if theyā€™re looking
At a mighty happy man
Or just a lonely breeze that drifts
Across the endless desert sand

Well itā€™s gettinā€™ kinda cold in Readosa
Abilene ainā€™t gettinā€™ any closer
One more drink, one more hand of poker
Ć¢ ~Cause a fool and his moneyā€™s
Gonna have to part

Youā€™re too proud to ever show your sorrow
You donā€™t steal and you wonā€™t beg or borrow
You may be here today but youā€™re gone tomorrow
There ainā€™t no strings on your boot heels
Or your heart

Saddle Tramp
How many people watch you ride away
Wonder why you never promise
To come back some day
Maybe thinking you were holding
All the pieces in your hand
Or are they slippinā€™ through your fingers
Like the endless desert sand[/color]

I havenā€™t passed around the pipe since '77, but as a Libertarian, I think it should be legal.

Really? people donā€™t die of Marijuana? so why is it illegal? Because its addictive? I never thought about it before now.[/quote]

No, people donā€™t die of marijuana and technically itā€™s not addictive, two points countless pot smokers proudly cite over and over. Thereā€™s no question potā€™s infinitely less hazardous than alcohol or tobacco, each of which kill many millions every year. Moreover, alcohol not only kills directly, but itā€™s responsible for widespread mayhem and carnage through drunk driving and booze-fueled violence, whereas pot just causes the user to sink into the couch and consume too many doritos.

So why is it illegal? Because it has been illegal and it takes a lot of momentum to change the status quo. Because the govt and some others have created an unfounded hysteria about the dangers of pot, based largely on lies and exaggeration, but many have come to believe the lies and hysteria. Because politicians, lobbyists and industry participants already have a well established legal system of making huge profits off of alcohol and tobacco, but they (so far) lack a well established legal system of making profits off of pot. Iā€™m sure there other reasons, but those are a few.

Notwithstanding the above, I admit that many people do have trouble dealing with recreational drug use responsibly ā€“ working hard, clean and sober when they need to, and only indulging in a little substance use when they have an appropriate time and place. While pot apparently is NOT addictive like tobacco and alcohol, it does create a psychological dependency in many users that can be just as hard to breeak free from, that leaves them smoking morning, noon and night every day, impairing thier lung capacity and short-term memory and interfering with their ability to excel in various social, athletic and intellectual activities. This can be especially bad with teens who are on the verge of growing up and may be delayed in doing so due to wasted days (pun intended).

But, Iā€™m still pleased to see the movement towards legalization, as (a) itā€™s hypocritical to allow use of tobaco and booze but lock people up for pot, and (b) I believe people shoudl learn to take responsibility for living their lives responsibly rather than having some puritanical nanny state dictating to us regarding personal choices.