Amazon Prime Questions

I can access my Prime Video membership via PC and everything plays fine. If I access Prime Video through the PS4 web browser, there is no “play” option for videos.

Anyone know how to get Prime Video to work on a PS4?

Prime Video is starting to have a lot more good content here in Taiwan. Wish I could watch it on my TV.

Does amazon prime now work in taiwan? Last I check it says they don’t offer this service when I tried to use it. But that was a while ago.

It works in Taiwan. There is only limited content though. You don’t get full access to everything they have.

I figured out how to get it working on the PS4. Just install the Amazon app.

1 Like

I had a big problem with my Prime account where it assumed I was in the US when I’m in Taiwan. I couldn’t even go into my options and cancel it so I had to clear out the debit card I used to pay for the service then just get the payment rejected.

I tried Emailing their support but they just asked me to call them and I couldn’t be bothered. I’ll probably sign up again soon and just use different payment method/email address so it’s not connected to my main amazon account.

Prime Video has worked in Taiwan for almost a year now, I think. They had an okay selection but the availability of Chinese subtitles wasn’t consistent which makes it less useful here than Netflix. They do have some great original shows though. Plus they have Seinfeld and Community and some other cool things.

What’s the deal with Amazon Prime? I’m able to install it and see their whole library, but when I click on one of their movies to watch I get this message. I even toggled with the billing address and put in my old US one (since it would just get forwarded here anyway). No dice. Dammit, I need my new Borat.

Not sure if this helps, but whenever I use my US based account (by billing) I have to use a VPN now. It hasn’t always been that way for me, something changed a few months back.

After you change your address to Taiwan, maybe reset the cache/cookie? Or just use a VPN with the US setup?

Maria Bakalova steals the show.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll try.

Torrents are your friend

No illegal content here. Just information.

Don’t torrents often have viruses, trojan horses, adware, etc?

nah, you just need to check the file before downloading.

1 Like

Rarely

If you can VPN into the US, a lot more prime content is accessible, including Borat 2.

What benefit is there for me living in Taiwan to join Amazon Prime for US$14.99 a month?

I do nothing with Amazon.

I’m trying to contribute subs to people on Twitch but it keeps pushing me to join Amazon Prime monthly $14.99 but all I want to do right now is a one time or occasional contribute/pay subs to people on Twitch.

I had it on my AppleTV when I moved from Canada and it didn’t seem to notice the new location. But then Amazon started charging me monthly for something and I couldn’t figure out what it was. Every month I had to contact them and ask for a refund. They also couldn’t figure out what it was. So I deleted my entire Amazon account and to be safe cancelled the credit card.

The bad support, combined with the inconveniences of shipping to Taiwan, make an Amazon account seem not worth it here

1 Like

What inconveniences?
If anything, they are the most convenient. They ship free, they handle all the customs clearance for you, and it is fast. I order from them often annd things arrive fast and without any problems.

Only ever had oe minor problem…I ordered 3 of something the other day and only 2 were in the box. I chatted with live help and they apologized and sent the 3rd item immediately at no cost to me. 4 days later it arrived. That is fast.

I had read otherwise on here, EZway app and surprise taxes and at times shipping fees

Shoppee shipped from Taiwan, thanks!

If one is using Amazon Prime, I think one should double check if the things they buy are really at a discount.

Is it really free shipping?

It was really free shipping for Prime in Canada, Taiwan I canceled Prime because I didn’t want to deal with import hassles

Yea. But I just want to provoke people to check when they buy something.