Amazon video now available in Taiwan

Bump: how are people’s experiences with Amazon Prime Video here in Taiwan? I still haven’t tried it, but am now wondering if it’s worthwhile. When I browse it without being a member, it looks like some HBO shows - Deadwood, Veep - are available. Fleabag (one of the shows that I’d really like to see) seems to have all episodes except the first one (?!) available. But I never know if what I see at that level matches what I’d be able to see if I actually became a paying member.

Further question: what happens if I try to watch stuff on Prime when I’m in another country? Is it like Netflix, and I can do that no problem, but I’ve got different availability? Or does it just not work?

Yet another question: it’s giving me an option to add on an HBO membership, about USD$15/month, on top of Amazon: does anyone here do that? It’d be the only non-VPN way I know of to stream HBO content at will, assuming it works. There’s no way I’d pay that $15 in perpetuity, but for an occasional month here and there, sure.

I’m not reassured that it’s telling me “Things to watch while abroad!”, when, no, I’m actually kind of home.

1 Like