AmCham press release

This was posted on the Amcham website recently:

“TAIPEI (June 7, 2002) - Thomas McGowan, First Vice President of AmCham Taipei, will be replacing outgoing President Richard Henson.
Mr. Henson is returning to the United States for extended education purposes and will be unable to see out the remainder of his term, which was due to end on November, 2002”

I’m sorry, I can’t be president any more because I have to go and get emergency education … does anyone buy this?

quote:
Originally posted by *monkey*: This was posted on the Amcham website recently:

“TAIPEI (June 7, 2002) - Thomas McGowan, First Vice President of AmCham Taipei, will be replacing outgoing President Richard Henson.
Mr. Henson is returning to the United States for extended education purposes and will be unable to see out the remainder of his term, which was due to end on November, 2002”

I’m sorry, I can’t be president any more because I have to go and get emergency education … does anyone buy this?

Monkey, what’s your point?

He was offered a full ride scholarship to a very prestigious graduate program. He also happens to be one of the friendliest persons I’ve ever met, and over the years he gave unselfishly of his time to make Taipei a better place for foreigners.

Monkey I think you owe Mr. Henson an apology.

Yeah, Monkey, you better call him right now and say you’re sorry! Do it before we force you to go to one of AmCham’s boring luncheons or read every issue of Topics magazine cover to cover!

Apologize for what? I would have abandoned my post as AmCham president too for a freebie degree. Scold the press release writer. Things are a little clearer now you have put some meat on the bone.

quote:
Originally posted by *monkey*: Apologize for what? I would have abandoned my post as AmCham president too for a freebie degree. Scold the press release writer. Things are a little clearer now you have put some meat on the bone. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Uh, Monkey, your first post insinuates some things about Mr. Henson (“Does anyone buy this?”), such as maybe he isn’t really getting a degree. When I read your post I thought that was rather unfair and frankly, uncalled for.

Monkey raised a question, lcn answered it. No need for an apology, surely.