America sucks-video

http://www.funlol.com/funpages/america-sucks.html

…and it’s still killing loads of women and children.

Smile. Your insecurity complex is showing. Wouldn’t it be nice to come from a country that is capable of defending itself from foreign attack? Wouldn’t it be nice to come from a country that is capable of toppling foreign regimes that threaten its way of life?

That vidoe leaves out all of the good things the U.S. has accomplished, but you wouldn’t care about that. I wonder what kinds of things your country would do, IF your country had the power and might to do what it wanted.
But, your country can’t do much besides rely on the U.S. to come save it in the event of a foreign attack, so, you post your little videostomake yourself feel better. I guess it’s the only power you have.

Smile…
Im certainly not insecure as you put it, merely exercising freedom of speech. You know, that thing that the American government invades countries for in order to force it down the throats of ‘terrorists and insurgents’. (People defending their homeland in most cases)
Im not anti US at all, just the current government. Oh, and I from one of the most democratic societies on the planet- Australia. I served with US Soldiers years ago and as a people I generally like them, but things have changed in our world in terms of western fascist governments masquerading as a ‘coalition of the willing’.
Oh, I am aware of the good things that the US has done for the world. After all, even Tim McVeigh did some good in his time before his terrible deed killed hundreds.
Read the facts.

I don’t believe this a bit. Most of the guys causing trouble are local warlord wannabies. The larger groups are headed by foreign mercs. There is a street to street power struggle going on now.

And IMHO, it has nothing to do with defending their homeland. They are doing the same thing that local gangsters did in Bosnia during and after the war.

BTW, welcome to Forumosa. :slight_smile:
jds

Fair call jds…just a little zealous today!

This video and this thread:

http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=47027

Go pretty well together.

hoo hum… :wanker:

US is the power of evil.

Ah no, Sorry, mixed that up with my wife.

[quote]Smile…
Im certainly not insecure as you put it, merely exercising freedom of speech. You know, that thing that the American government invades countries for in order to force it down the throats of ‘terrorists and insurgents’. (People defending their homeland in most cases)
Im not anti US at all, just the current government. Oh, and I from one of the most democratic societies on the planet- Australia. [/quote]

This is pretty rich coming from an Aussie. Why do you completely ignore the fact that your government is right up America

Never for a moment suggested that my government was perfect, did I?
Secondly, I am criticising a system, not an individual so I suggest you refrain from personal insults ie, calling me a pussy…unless you want to do it in person. Read the friendly reminder over there>>>>>>>
Yes, John Howard has weaselled his way into Dubya’s ass… we have always been a close ally of the US but this time it’s a totally different situation. Yes, we are accessories to International crime but we are not not the perpetrators.
Freedom of speech…unless you say anything negative about us!

Did you read your op?

:roflmao:

So you

[quote]isn

Can’t help wondering what America-hating idiots over in the GOP put that footage together.

What the f are u talking about?

First, what part of that was defence? The whole of that footage was shown in other countries not the US. You need to learn the difference between defence and attack.

Secondly, it appears that the foreign regimes were all set up the US in the first place.

Thirdly it appears that the US is incapable of defending itself from foreign attack (9/11)

[quote=“trebuchet”]
That vidoe leaves out all of the good things the U.S. has accomplished, but you wouldn’t care about that. I wonder what kinds of things your country would do, IF your country had the power and might to do what it wanted. .[/quote]

The video wasn’t about the good things the U.S. has accomplished. But if we are to take Australia for example, yeh… unfortunately we are the bitch of the US in the latest “war on terror”. Not many Australians are happy about that.

What does our our country do? We donated $1 billion dollars worth of Aid during the last Tsunami crisis, that was more than any other country and thats coming from a country with 20 million people.

[quote=“trebuchet”]
But, your country can’t do much besides rely on the U.S. to come save it in the event of a foreign attack, so, you post your little videostomake yourself feel better. I guess it’s the only power you have.[/quote]

Like WW2? Last time I checked the US didn’t give F until Pearl Harbour. Its quite clear that the US is staking its claim on the control of certain natural resources (oil).

The US only topples regimes when it has something to gain. You make it sound like they are the protectors of all that is good or something. So tell me, what is the US doing about other regimes, such as Zimbabwe, North Korea etc. Oh what? No oil? Let the poor peasants starve then.

Nothing that hasn’t already been documented. But I understand that when it’s put into a visual context then it becomes alittle harder to stomach.

It’s no secret what the US is/has/was built on. Might as well sit there and grin while you benefit. There’s a certain amount of pride in that or should be…now run along and go pledge a legions to the flag…

Meanwhile, I’ll go sing Oh CanaDUH.

Did that come straight out of East Timor’s share of the Timor Basin oil field? That would have been particularly good if it did. Since we already got their oil, fuck 'em, let 'em starve. Ungrateful bastards. :wink:

HG

Did that come straight out of East Timor’s share of the Timor Basin oil field? That would have been particularly good if it did. Since we already got their oil, fuck 'em, let 'em starve. Ungrateful bastards. :wink:

HG[/quote]

hehehe, as far as I’m aware :

Currently, Australia is eligible to more than 80% of any revenue from Greater Sunrise, whereas under the new deal, East Timor is expected to get 50% of its resources.

In addition, East Timor will continue to receive 90% of revenues from a joint oil and gas development area.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-p … 487788.stm

I don’t think thats too bad a deal.

What the f are u talking about?

First, what part of that was defence? The whole of that footage was shown in other countries not the US. You need to learn the difference between defence and attack.

Secondly, it appears that the foreign regimes were all set up the US in the first place.

Thirdly it appears that the US is incapable of defending itself from foreign attack (9/11)

[quote=“trebuchet”]
That vidoe leaves out all of the good things the U.S. has accomplished, but you wouldn’t care about that. I wonder what kinds of things your country would do, IF your country had the power and might to do what it wanted. .[/quote]

The video wasn’t about the good things the U.S. has accomplished. But if we are to take Australia for example, yeh… unfortunately we are the bitch of the US in the latest “war on terror”. Not many Australians are happy about that.

What does our our country do? We donated $1 billion dollars worth of Aid during the last Tsunami crisis, that was more than any other country and thats coming from a country with 20 million people.

[quote=“trebuchet”]
But, your country can’t do much besides rely on the U.S. to come save it in the event of a foreign attack, so, you post your little videostomake yourself feel better. I guess it’s the only power you have.[/quote]

Like WW2? Last time I checked the US didn’t give F until Pearl Harbour. Its quite clear that the US is staking its claim on the control of certain natural resources (oil).

The US only topples regimes when it has something to gain. You make it sound like they are the protectors of all that is good or something. So tell me, what is the US doing about other regimes, such as Zimbabwe, North Korea etc. Oh what? No oil? Let the poor peasants starve then.[/quote]

Oh, so brilliantly put. Glad to see that other people here have open eyes when it comes to the total lack of adherence to International law that our buddy George and his merry men are enjoying!
F#*k Bush, Cheney, Rice and Rumsfeldt- pack of criminals!

[quote=“Tyc00n”]The whole of that footage was shown in other countries not the US. You need to learn the difference between defence and attack.

[/quote]

Excellent points. As for the first, although I generally like Americans, but I think most of them cannot fathom the logic of your reasoning. They think it’s normal to defend your land by going overseas. Pre-emption has always been a pillar of Americanism. Come to think of it, maybe that’s the answer to Michael Moore’s big question in Bowling for Columbine. The significant difference between Canadians and Americans (The former shoot each other far less often, but otherwise they’re clones.) might be their differing propensity for making a pre-emptive attack.

Most Americans really feel that they have the right to defend “their share” of the oil in the Middle East. I mean, a lot of Americans that are against the current Iraq Invasion would still go along with an oil war if it were framed differently.

As for the inability of America to defend itself, this is nothing new:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_of_Washington

Just a joke. But yeah, where was Great America’s air defence on 9/11? I think the official explanation is that everyone was “asleep at the wheel” or something. Some say Cheney gave a big ole’ stand down order, and everybody was scared enough of him to obey. He was suspiciously put in charge of such matters just a few weeks before according to some “wacko” literature that I read recently.

Using WikiWacki as a sole source belies your profound ignorance.

Oh,and BTW…that incident was 194 years ago.
Not much available in air cover at that time.