"American" Cheese

[quote=“jlick”]

If anyone knows any store that has American “Cheese” now, please let me know. Thanks.[/quote]

you mean those hideous plastic wrapped slices? any supermarket.

American “Cheese” are indeed cheese slices, but they are quite different from the kind you find in the normal grocery stores, similiarly to how the “mayo” in normal stores is not really like real mayo.

ahhhhh a purist :slight_smile: sorry, can’t help.

The only place I have been able to find the individually-wrapped “American Cheese” slices is Costco. They have a big Land o’ Lakes pack with 120 slices. All the New Zealand Anchor slices and the like are processed cheddar, supposedly.

Isn’t this what American cheese is? just curious, i never noticed a difference.

Cheddar has a noticable flavor to it. American Cheese is not fully cheese; it is pressed milk curd. It also tends to be creamier and saltier than other cheese slices, and doesn’t have any noticable flavor otherwise. Most cheese slices here have a noticeable flavor, and often are not very creamy or salty.

(I can’t believe it; I’m an American Cheese snob!)

jlick, although I can’t understand why you would want to eat something that has “no noticable flavour” to it, check out my reply to your question in another thread … : [url]That forgien grocery store on Zhongshan sec 6 Xpet.

maybe it’s to go with his htp-5?

“American” cheese? You may as well do whip-it like hits off of the cheez-whiz can (don’t ask where to find it, I have no idea and even if I did I wouldn’t admit to it).

But I can reccomend (how many friggin c’s and m’s does recccoommmmend have?) Tillamook sharp cheddar - Costco, 276 (I think) for a two pound block. Some of the best cheese in the world (now don’t get upset, I’m talking best in the mass-produced and packaged sense), from my home state of Oregon.

vim

Just bought some Moneterey Jack at Costco.

I just bought a tub of mini mozzeralla balls in olive oil with kalamata olives, pimientoes and herbs at Costco. Bloody tasty little buggers they be.

Yes, saw those. We make a similar salad: A Caprese.

Not to stroke your already over-inflated ego, but your mozzerella is considerably better than the Costoco stuff. :wink:

Not to stroke your already over-inflated ego, but your mozzerella is considerably better than the Costoco stuff. :wink:[/quote]

Yes, ours is bona fide Buffalo Mozzerella from Italy.

Thanks Sandie. Had no idea I was considered bigheaded. Pigheaded, yes, but bigheaded?

By the way, to bring this discussion full circle, Wellman’s has American Cheese now (or I overlooked it last time).