American-Chinese rapper making it bigtime in USA

I correspond with clients and associates on every continent (except Antartica) on the planet… and not once have I ever used hiphop as my communication tool.

Funny, everyone seems to understand me.

And I’m quite certain that none of the people I work with would understand any message communicated using hiphop. Maybe I’ll try it on my secretary… that should be fun.

How do you say the following in hiphop?

Can’t wait for Monday morning!

Tigerman, you’re da man! Do it! A white rapper in Taiwan. You’ll be on TV almost instantaneously. And don’t forget to make the lyrics as insulting as possible, just take some topics from the forum like “Help! People are staring at me all the time”, “English teachers are losers”, “chou doufu stinks”, etc. as an inspiration.

Sure. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: “I understand that there’s a young man shouting something in an angry voice. He needs to shout in order to be heard over that awful synthetic drum noise. Probably something to do with not being able to find a pair of pants that fit, but its hard to tell.”

I correspond with clients and associates on every continent (except Antartica) on the planet… and not once have I ever used hiphop as my communication tool.
Tiger,from what I’ve read of your reply,you don’t seem to have a clue about hiphop so how could you use hiphop as “a communication tool” anyway? And yes, the jokes about the baggy jeans ( baggy jeans enable me to do high kicks at people plus I don’t like tight-fitting jeans=makes my willy uncomfortable) and emcees sounding angry and shouting? The punks had mohicans, headbangers play air guitar,Scots wear kilts! It’s just part of the culture. It’s like you making a joke about women in Thailand wearing those metal rings around their necks- is that in the slightest bit humourous?
I don’t like the image that hiphop has nowadays(esp.in Asia) which we both see but to me,I can find more information,knowledge and spiritual upliftment by listening to this music than most pop,classical,jazz,rock,techno songs etc.

Well then, wear a kilt. I can guarantee your willy will be comfortable and your kicks will be higher (and goodness knows, we all need high kicks in this day and age of shuffling and low kicks). Plus, you’ll look a lot less stupid than in those ridiculous pants. Who wants to see your bum crack or what brand of skivvies you wear? No-one, that’s who, no matter how spiritually uplifting your “booma-bugga-booma-bugga-hip-hop-hippityy-hoppity-smoke-yo-mama’s-muthafuckin’-ass” paeans to modern teendom.

[quote=“sandman”]
-smoke-yo-mama’s-muthafuckin’-ass. [/quote]
Sandman,that is the often mistaken image people get of hiphop.
You saw this post was about a Chinese rapper and you thought you’d check it out just to share your stale jokes .I bet nobody laughs when you take the mick out of this culture because you’re just repeating old jokes. Your view may be shared by many ,however hiphop is only getting bigger and more in your face than ever so ,like it or not, accept it or smoke yo mama’s ass.
I can’t stand people who try and look like thugs but worse than that,I can’t stand people who judge others and look down on others by what clothes they choose to wear or what music they like to listen to. Why not send in a photo of yourself and lets see what YOU wear? Like I said before, I’m NOT into the hiphop look in an extreme sense or the tough-guy-image but I don’t like people who diss something they don’t really know and understand (you). If you don’t like hiphop or people who do,fine,I don’t mind.But before I just stated my personal preference for it and then you somehow cannot handle that.

What a load of crap!
Hiphop djs SAMPLE from jazz/soul/funk etc. to make the records.So you are saying Parliament/james Brown/isaac hayes etc. doesn’t class as “good musicianship”?!! If we’re talking about skill, could you scratch like some of these turntablists?No way. Go see The ROOTs live. Nobody else reading this forum gonna stick up for hiphop? So be it, you never loved it in the first place.

[quote=“tigerman”]
I correspond with clients and associates on every continent (except Antartica) on the planet. ( Oh wow! )
Maybe I’ll try it on my secretary… that should be fun. ( Oh you have your own secretary!!Wow! )
How do you say the following in hiphop?

Can’t wait for Monday morning![/quote]
Mmm, how would you say that?..Ah, I know.
Say " Yo,Yo,Yo, I’m a smug dickhead (but I have my own secretary)"
Also grab your balls(maybe you’ll need to borrow some) and shout angrily down the mike " Yo yo yo, Preliminary rejection,trademark application/I wear suit and tie and can’t get no erection"

[quote=“tigerman”]How do you say the following in hiphop?
Good morning Ms. Fu. How was your weekend? Please call the examiner at the Intellectual Property Office and request an extension of time in which to file our response to the preliminary rejection of our client’s trademark application.[/quote]

Just to say I really wanted to have a go at this, but didn’t get any further than:

Hey, Ms Fu, how the f*ck are you?
Call that ho at the IPO, yo…
:slight_smile:

(No offense intended tigerman, I just liked the absurdity of the idea!)

I’m not a hiphop fan, but I do like Eminem - he’s so mainstream I don’t think he counts :slight_smile:

Er, so its NOT a UNIVERSAL communication tool, is it?

Why are you doing high kicks at people? And aren’t there pants that are not tight fitting and not baggy either?

I hate fads and fashions… I think they’re stupid. Why would anyone want to wear pants that are falling off?

Clothes don’t make the man. That old saying cuts both ways.

You’re studying Chinese, right:

Artist: Jin
Song: Learn Chinese

Lyrics :

Yeah, I’m Chinese and what?
Yeah, you know who this is, Jin
Let me tell you this
The days of the pork fried rice and the chicken wings
coming to your house five years is over

[Chorus]
Ya’ll gonna learn Chinese
When the pumps come out, ya’ll gon’ speak Chinese

Ya’ll gonna wanna be Chinese
When the pumps go off, ya’ll gon’ speak Chinese

[Jin]
Go fuck with your head man
I know a bunch of crypts that love Redman
Blood book in New York man things done change
Stop, the chinks be all over the game
This ain’t Bruce Lee, I watch too much TV
This is a game of death when I aim for your chest
Too much sex got me seeing slow motion
Eyes barely open with a roach roasting’
And your girl, she loves the gin ocean
Rub it on her body like body shop lotion
What’s the commotion, you never seen me?
The original chinky eye emcee
You don’t want to step to the army
And Double-R rank refugee
And the battle of the gun is gonna make you speak
another language
And amigo I ain’t talking about Spanish

(Chorus)

Haha, I don’t know how that attitude will help me learn chinese.
Find the complete lyrics here:
http://www.anysonglyrics.com/lyrics/j/jin/learn-chinese.htm

[quote=“sandman”]
-smoke-yo-mama’s-muthafuckin’-ass. [/quote]

Duh… I wonder why? Let’s look at just some lyrics posted in this thread:

What does that say? Joke about me and I’ll kill you. How is the image of hiphop “mistaken” from this one example?

Damn, you’re an idiot.

You’re an hypocrite too. You had no problem judging me by the clothes I have (not choose) to wear.

Fine. I think hiphop sucks.

No, you seem unable to handle the fact that some people regard your musical preference as childish and stupid.

If you’re so cool and aloof, why do you care that other people think your choice of music and fashion is juvenile?

Grow the fuck up and quit crying.

Hairypalms reminds me of the kids here:

guardian.co.uk/arts/features … 99,00.html

I still think Machi Didi is better! :wink:

Hey, I love hip-hop. The Roots rock, as does Jurassic 5. Recently been getting into Lifesavas - great stuff. :sunglasses:

All this “hip hop is universal” bullshit is just that, though - bullshit. :unamused: Bunch of guys smoking weed while they are being interviewed by an unsceptical pop music press: [quote]Man, hip hop is all around us. I am hip hop. You are hip hop. This chair is hip hop. Don’t you get it? Peace out. :sunglasses: [/quote]

I used to wear baggy pants, but my ass took that as a cue to get bigger, and the pants are no longer baggy. :frowning: I am now trying to reverse the trend by wearing skintight Jordache designer jeans. :slight_smile:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Okay, frumpy housewife poking her head in to say, I like the sound of hiphop but I don’t really pay attention to the lyrics. Now everyone play nice.

quote from song called “Maybe One Day”.
Maybe one day we can work it out,it’s time to understand what life’s all about,all it seems to be is sadness and pain,flood like rain and urban rain, when we gonna realize and make the change, take the blame, erase the shame, the new millenium is knocking at your door, the n.w.o.is what they got in store./ Now I can’t stress this enough, life sure is rough,
you gotta go through a whole lotta shit just for you to get a little bit, born into existence where your existence is non-existent, but your persistence overcomes their resistence, your daily mechanism is your defense whether it be past, or present tense don’t be dense./

quote from song “Sincerely”.
This one is for every woman I was ever with,The ones I cared about and ones I just wanted to hit,I feel ashamed for all the times that I called you a bitch.And I know I was wrong can you ever forgive the negative?We used to use sex as a sedative,I abused your respect for me,I would chose to react disrepectfully,Never thinking the impact,would come back to me.Now I’m the sun and I know you’re my reflection.Let me give you love and my protection,proper education.

quote from “Love vs Hate”
Sally’s been getting beat for years,Husband comes home high off weed and beers.He frustrated cause his job is low rate,Low money plus his wife’s brother acts kinda funny.The teacher says my son shows aggression,I tell her in lesson for him to know himself,To me the greatest wealth is the best of health.When the music stops,I play the role like my Pops,and his Pops and so on I got a legacy to go on,I’ll watch out for my babies and I’ll kill for 'em,Now if this is Love vs Hate then what’s your fate?

I could have chosen some better verses but I wanted to share these with you since this is forum is about hiphop.

When hip hop artists learn that it takes talent and dedication to pick up a bass, guitar or drum sticks and learn how to play an instrument (sorry turn tables are not an istrument, I never saw a class offered in it at the Royal Conservatory of Music) maybe I’ll listen.

I for one think that it’s more difficult to play a guitar than spin records.

[quote=“Grasshopper”]When hip hop artists learn that it takes talent and dedication to pick up a bass, guitar or drum sticks and learn how to play an instrument (sorry turn tables are not an istrument, I never saw a class offered in it at the Royal Conservatory of Music) maybe I’ll listen.

I for one think that it’s more difficult to play a guitar than spin records.[/quote]

i like guitar and i like spinning. both takes talent to be good. i like some hip hop, don’t particularly care for the i’m a tough mf image and put a cap on your ass thing. i understand it’s an image and part of the business, but at the same time, it’s turning millions of kids everywhere (from the NY to LA to BJ and everywhere in between) into a bunch of wannabe gangsters (and denigrate women) and that is stupid, and worse, dangerous.
but if it’s got a beat, i’ll dance to it (and hopefully you don’t take it too seriously and act like you grew up in Compton or Watts when you live in surburbia).
as for spinning, check out ppl like DJ Shadow. it’s not as easy as u think. but comparing it to say classical guitar and Segovia is apples and oranges.
as they used to say in grade skool, everyone take a chill pill. can’t a Dead fan get along with a 2Pac fan? lol.