American Citizen with no ID barred from Banking Help! No Bit Coin, No Paypal F***

No expert and different states may have different rules, but far as I know parking a license on an address doesn’t increase another person (with the same address) car insurance rates. Only if he specifically includes YOU on his policy.

Blockchain (Bitcoin wallet) ask for ID document?
I can’t remember that. Only the broker I used to buy Bitcoin asked me for identification documents.

Then, problem could be solved? If you are happy with your broker, refer him to me. I can only go with the big boys when it comes to trust. The only one that has a reputation I know is coinbase.

I want to attach my US bank account to my bitcoin account. Again, to enter coinbase as a US customer, I need to show them a state ID. If there is another company that will take a US passport and my local Taiwan identification, hook me up please.

Ok, not sure but you should contact them, this is my affiliate link https://www.CoinMama.com/?ref=manuser7 (not sure what I earn but anyway…). For the wallet I have blockchain.
I don’t use bitcoins to pay and receive money though, I only invested a month ago or so, I’ll hold my bitcoin for like 10 years maybe … fingers crossed… yeah I believe this is the future.

Im having an impossible time getting Bitcoin accounts from Taiwan too. Even if I use a VPN and set it in the states

One workaround is to use credit card to send money to yourself via Western Union.

Really? MaiCoin works great. Plus it integrates into the local banking network. Easy Peasy!

1 Like

Hi there. I need to access money in my US money Market account. Unfortunately my credit union doesn’t have an ATM card. I just wanted to get a bitcoin account that will allow me to deduct money from my US account. Paypal stopped letting me pull money out of that account once they figured out that I had two paypal accounts or detected that I was using a proxy.

I told everything to the Paypal people and the manager tried to open my open my account after providing proof. But the “SYSTEM” kept overriding him. the system said I was a risk.
I was able to put my money that I had in my paypal account back into my Bank but I could not take any money out.

So… .Square one… I have money in the US. I want to be able to take it out little by little and use it here in Taiwan. What is my plan of action. So help me please
Summary:
Money in Bank account in US.
Want to send it to Taiwan as needed.
Would also like to add money if possible.
Paypal did what I wanted before. I was able to take out money for purchases but not get the cash here in Taiwan. I’d like both.

Alright. I assume you have access online to the US account. Here’s what you got to do.

Money in Bank account in US.
Sign up for Coinbase. This will allow you to do an ACH pull from your US account similar to Paypal. With Coinbase you pull money from your US account and convert it into BTC.

Want to send it to Taiwan as needed.
For this part you’ll need a local exchange. Maicoin is the best one. Sign up for this and it will give you a wallet. This wallet has an address that’s 26-35 alphanumeric characters long. Go onto Coinbase and send your BTC to the Maicoin address.

Would also like to add money if possible.
This works as well, but the method is in reverse. Load up your Maicoin account (they support ATM transfers) and send to Coinbase, then withdraw to your US account linked to Coinbase.

@tempogain give me a beer! all this typing made me thirsty.

1 Like

Here is where I run into a big problem. CoinBase. They WILL NOT ACCEPT US PASSPORTS for Identification purposes. They will only accept state ID’s or driver’s licenses. I’ve been officially out of state for 20 years and my US NJ driver’s licence expired two years ago. My stepfather and mother died and I no longer have an official US address.

I tried contacting coinbase and they ignore me or never answer my communications. So, what can I do? What can I do? Do you have a landline where I can reach a real person?

@tempogain you want a beer. I’ll give you 2 or three perhaps more if you can get me through this id hurdle.
I have tried all reasonable things but I can’t know everything…

No, I don’t.

Try one of these.

How about Kraken? I think they accept US citizens.
be careful with Bittrex I am reading bad things about them lately.

Also try to contact Advcash > http://bit.ly/2qqCygC
They are very helpful and maybe they can find a solution for you if you explain them your situation.
I have a plastic card and withdraw in Taiwan with this, fees not too high.

why are you barred from using a taiwanese bank though?

Oy, I have no problem on the Taiwan side. I’ve got a Maicoin (I think it’s spelled that way).

They trouble is that I have a barebones Federal Credit Union account with a money market.
They no longer offer ATM cards but a Visa debit card. BECAUSE it acts like a credit cardboard have to have at least a minimal US salary. I don’t.
I could get checking but it is not free checking. I get pretty ok interest but, not enough to cover a monthly checking account that I won’t use.
Before the Geo location crackdown,
I would just withdraw money from my Bank account and transfer it to my Taiwan PayPal account to make local purchases.
Or I used to withdraw money from my American Bank Account and purchase things directly.
My Taiwan PayPal account was for my Taiwanese credit card.
But back to my main problem.
I have money in my US bank account. I cannot withdraw money via PayPal because the system does not like me. I cannot use Coinbase because they do not accept US passports as a valid ID.
It sucks to be American. When I log into coinbase it says i’m Taiwanese. If i’m not, just change your location and scan in your passport. When I do, it says… Sorry. Passports are not valid ID for Americans.
Ok… Help me access my money and if you are in Kaohsiung area I’ll get you a beer or two. I don’t have that much money.

Maybe not n interested, but I sometimes wire money from US to Taiwan bank account. Takes about 3 weeks. And must go to Taiwan bank to verify receipt.

1 Like

Hmmm. That may help. But how can I authroize it being in Taiwan. I guess I will have to set it up via snail mail and signatures :frowning:

I do online bank website with access to my account.