American citizenship renunciation in Taiwan

Not yet! But I think I may have found the one!

1 Like

Congrats! Wishin you luck!

If you marry, AFAIK, you only need to wait 3 years for nationality. Once you get it, you can renounce without leaving TW IIRC @tando, please correct me if I am wrong.

Otherwise 5 years.

I would recommend you wait and hold onto a golden opportunity that comes with long term thinking. I would have used the other passport if I planned ahead and just kept quiet.

1 Like

Kim jung on’s cousin

So the OP makes 24 million NT a year.

If he was that wealthy he would have hired a lawyer who would not only tell him all of these, but actually acted to allow him to somehow gain Taiwan citizenship without losing either US or UK nationality.

This amount of money buys a lot of things, even legal action to affect a constitutional ruling if needs be!

No need to talk about it on this forum.

In fact this is enough money that the OP would be buying majority shares in a major Taiwanese company, especially a SOE.

No way the TW government is going to apply the full weight of the law on him for him to be a TW citizen after this.

1 Like

It was the nephew who fled Macau after his father was killed.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. @jimbob132 did you mean 2018?

I mean if they became naturalized before they were 18 or they were born in the US

I’m pretty sure the 6-month wait is standard no matter where you go. The embassy/AIT sends your documents to the US for some processing/approvals, then it’s sent back to them. It’s kind of like how renewing a passport will take the same amount of time no matter where you are (more or less).

Waiting for the open invitation for Forumosans who have interacted with your posts.