American College Football

Are there any bars that show American college football? OU is playing Texas this weekend and Cal is playing USC. I have to see at least one of them :astonished:

Let me see what we can do, understand that this is actually more exciting as not so much money is involved as in the NFL.
Cheers!
Michel

Thanks Michel for the effort–you prove once again why I keep returning to the Tavern! It is an absolute must that I see OU-Texas!! :astonished:

That would give me an excuse to wear my OU national championship hat.

Boomer Sooner!! Tuck Fexas!!

Great Big 10 match-ups as well. I will be at the Tavern this week-end if the games are available. THANKS

“understand that this is actually more exciting as not so much money is involved as in the NFL”,

Not to be a dick but there is more money on the line. For the Universities instead of the actual players/owners. What’s the payout to a University for a BCS Bowl again?

Screw that !! play USC vs CAL!!!

You’ll probably get a bigger audience, since there are a lot of CAL and USC grads here. Also, time zone is a bit closer.

OU vs USC
For the national championship. The Sooners have a tough task. The slippery Trojans have an impregnable defense and a reservoir of talent. If the Sooners can find a rhythm, make quick penetrations, and don’t linger in the red zone, they have a chance. Should be a satisfying encounter.

This year it should be a great game as its the University of Michigan vs The University of Texas. Unfortunately the Rose Bowl starts at 2 pm PST Jan 1, which is 6 am Jan 2 here in Taipei.

That is awful early - will The Tavern, Brass Monkey, or Taipei Sports Bar be open then and showing the Rose Bowl live?

I take it you all don’t mean OU as in Ohio University… :wink:

Oh well, better the Sooners than The Hundering Turds, er Marshall.

[quote=“Richardm”]OU vs USC
For the national championship. The Sooners have a tough task. The slippery Trojans have an impregnable defense and a reservoir of talent. If the Sooners can find a rhythm, make quick penetrations, and don’t linger in the red zone, they have a chance. Should be a satisfying encounter.[/quote]

Funny you should mention “slippery” in connection with this game, because I think if the Sooners don’t change shoes at halftime then the fat lady has done sung in Miami.

Ugly first half for OU, they can’t seem to keep their feet under them anywhere on the field. Jason White apparently thinks the football is a hot potato or something, I’ve never seen him so careless with it.

I think that they’ll need new shoes - and a miracle, it’s 35-10 Trojans - if they’re going to pull this one out.

Second half’s coming up. Boomer Sooner!

Actually, it was Ohio University after all.

I think it was OW after all.

Too bad. OU had a terrible night on the same field where USC had one of their best. Weird.