American Idol

I only started watching last year (dragged screaming and kicking by my better half), and gotta say Adam Lambert was pretty unbelievable (not sure why he turned down the rumored offer to be new lead singer for Queen). And I realize it’s around the web already how lame this year’s contestants are.

But sheesh man it’s pretty much a lump of scheisse this year, they’re pretty much all bad, no wonder Simon’s leaving.

*ulterior motive caveat: I am trying to draw attention away from the OSHO thread. should i have used boobie pictures instead?

that’s a lot of minutes wasted seeing people sing their way to money and mediocrity.

Just be thankful that you didn’t post this in the PETS forum. :smiley:

Are we allowed to mix the two?

That’s just BEASTLY! PM yourself immediately in contrition. :no-no:

I religiously watched the previous season of American Idol. Absurd as it my seem to the casual bystander, it does actually draw you in. The present lot of morons have NOTHING on last season’s morons.

I enjoyed INXS’s “Who Wants to be a Rockstar?” a few years ago. I’ve always thought Idols was a load of shite…

Indeed. I can’t watch a single sappy second. What annoys me even more more is how it is endlessly repeated on StarWorld. Which makes that channel even more unwatchable than it is already.

I love these kinds of shows, and have always enjoyed watching ordinary people have a chance to shine (or not). We had some great ones in NZ as a kid, and shows like “Britain’s Got Talent” are really just a lot of fun. However, this season’s American Idol got off to a REALLY bad start. A lot of the contestants just seem to be really terrible.

My kids are still singing “Pants on the Ground”, most often when they are cleaning up their room. Watching guys like that, and people like the 75 year old break-dancer on Britain’s Got Talent, can be so uplifting.

The show had some promising contestants this year, but they’ve all been booted off already. If the judges can’t pick 'em in the earlier rounds, we’re left with drivel for the segments where the public votes.

Who watches American Idol 2024?

I think l will never see a more touching audition than Iam Tongi’s last year, but l watch this show anyway.

There is one very odd guy from the Netherlands, who l imagine gets a lot of hate for the way he comes across.