American Overseas Voters, Please Read This!

The Overseas Vote Foundation is expanding in Taiwan, please assist them in assisting you by taking the survey.
Click this link.
overseasvotefoundation.org/

[quote]Overseas Vote Foundation info@overseasvotefoundation.org wrote:

Announcing the Overseas Vote Foundation
2006 Post Election Overseas and Military Voter Survey

Dear Voter,

Please take a few minutes to complete this brief survey about your 2006 voting experience.

overseasvotefoundation.org/

Thank you from the Overseas Vote Foundation Team

[/quote]

Excuse me…I clicked the link…looked like BS to me…

I went to the website, had to register, then was directed to a page asking for a donation. I couldn’t find the survey.

This isn’t clear.

I’m not sure what TainanCowboy is talking about, but the site looked fine to me. Maybe he ran into a problem I didn’t see?

The FAQs on how to register for an absentee ballot, what address to use, etc. are very well done, for example! :sunglasses:

I’m not sure what TainanCowboy is griping about this time, but the site looked fine to me. The FAQs on how to register for an absentee ballot, what address to use, etc. are very well done, for example! :sunglasses:[/quote]

Yea but the OP wants us to take a survey. Come on OP dumb it down. I got youtube videos to watch. :laughing:

Taking into account the relative complexity of the absentee voting process for Americans residing abroad, registering with the Overseas Vote Foundation and taking the survey is relatively easy.

Taking into account the relative complexity of the absentee voting process for Americans residing abroad, registering with the Overseas Vote Foundation and taking the survey is relatively easy.[/quote]

See my above post about going to the site. It wasn’t easy.

So what he is saying is that only those who have a higher attention span are welcome to the survey. Not going to get very accurate results, is it?

[quote=“Eric W. Lier”]Taking into account the relative complexity of the absentee voting process for Americans residing abroad, registering with the Overseas Vote Foundation and taking the survey is relatively easy.[/quote]“Complexity”?
Absentee voting is very far from being complex. I register as an absentee voter, they send me the ballots, I vote and mail the ballots back.

The link may be for a worthwhile effort, not saying it isn’t, but it was more hassle than I thought necessary.
I just won’t “register” without a good reason. Taking this ‘survey’ just isn’t reason enough for me to provide my information.
Maybe this is a group of Good Samaritans jsut wanting to help “Overseas and Military” voters.
Maybe its a shell set up to gain voter information and provide/sell it to other groups who would use it for purposes counter to my or your personal desires.
I don’t know.

This is already addressed by:
fvap.gov/
and each state has web info on this topic.
For me, its California:
ss.ca.gov/elections/elections_m.htm

I am just naturally skeptical of a website such as this.
YMMV.

[quote]This is already addressed by:
fvap.gov/
and each state has web info on this topic.
For me, its California:
ss.ca.gov/elections/elections_m.htm
[/quote]
That is true and the reason that the Federal Voter Assistance Program and every state now have special offices set up to assist overseas voters is because of the Overseas Vote Foundation and their predecessors.
Without the support of the people who have benefited from efforts made by the OVF, those benefits may soon be lost.
The survey works the same way as voting. You register and they send you the survey. The difference being that this is all done online whereas absentee voting must be done in writing.