American sensibilities

It seems odd does it not that American sensibilities are not being given greater credence in all of these debates, especially White Male Americans. I mean we take polls and express concern about what Middle Eastern women think, and we “religiously” poll Muslims in Western societies to see what they think about US action in Iraq, etc. So shouldn’t we start making a greater effort to reach out to White Males in America? Shouldn’t we all try to understand their “roots of rage” and form a task force to engage them in dialogue? Only when the root causes are addressed will we be able to reach a peaceful, equitable solution.

What did you have for lunch? :astonished:

Just a couple of martinis followed by white wine with the first course, red win the second and third and a few after dinner cocktails? why do you ask? do you really want my opinion or are you just saying that to make me feel better?

Oh, so now you’re waving your arms all about and the word is coming out ‘then-tha-bilitieethhhhhh’ (splatter)

White American male sensibilities?!? That’s an oxymoron! :raspberry:
:wink:

Fred, are you joking or do you really consume that much alcohol every day?

…explains a lot, actually…

Fred, are you joking or do you really consume that much alcohol every day?

…explains a lot, actually…[/quote]

That’s just what he has for breakfast.

Actually I asked for FACTS, not an opinion. :wink:

We should take back America.

Rule Brittania :uk:

Mod Lang:

Ummm it was, kind of a joke, so um you can keep the number for AA until I really need it. Like tonight after I finish with Carnegie’s! :smiling_imp:

[quote=“fred smith”]Mod Lang:

Ummm it was, kind of a joke, so um you can keep the number for AA until I really need it. Like tonight after I finish with Carnegie’s! :smiling_imp:[/quote]

[quote=“BroonAle”]We should take back America.

Rule Brittania :uk:[/quote]

No way. Not until you have a real breakfast, instead of beans on toast.:laughing:

Vorkosigan

[quote=“Vorkosigan”][quote=“BroonAle”]We should take back America.

Rule Brittania :uk:[/quote]

No way. Not until you have a real breakfast, instead of beans on toast.:lol:

Vorkosigan[/quote]
Hmmmm…
Sausages, eggs (scrambled or fried), bacon, fried mushrooms, tomatoes, black pudding if you’re into that, fried bread or toast and yes of course lots of baked beans.

The vege. versions are also pretty good, especially with Linda McCartney sausages. I know a couple of vegetarians who appreciate their English breakfasts.

Wash down with mugs of tea, or coffee if you must.

‘Real’ enough for me.

Interesting, though, that the above, in English establishments, is termed ‘full English breakfast’, whereas in Scotland the same is ‘full Scottish breakfast’ with the occasional addition, I am led to believe, of a piece of haggis.

When I want to eat such a breakfast in Asia the closest thing is called ‘American breakfast’ and has hash browns which are OK, but unfortunately omits the mushrooms, tomatoes and those crucial baked beans.

See it just goes to show (said shrilly) that no one (NO ONE) cares about white males and their FEELINGS! Now, we are onto English-sytle breakfast. See! See! It just goes to show that people like me are being marginalized and denied a voice to express their outrage and stand up for their belief systems!!! See!!!

Marginalized? You started this thread and would probably have ended it were it not for me. Anyway, I offer you a present in light of Matzu’s approaching birthday. It may prove as tonic as those martinis. :wink:

atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/FD03Aa02.html

[quote=“Mucha (Muzha) Man”]Marginalized? You started this thread and would probably have ended it were it not for me. Anyway, I offer you a present in light of Matzu’s approaching birthday. It may prove as tonic as those martinis. :wink:

atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/FD03Aa02.html[/quote]

Thanks Mucha Man… I think I’ll get that for Rascal… :laughing:

Muzhaman:

Tonic is for gin but that article has put a spark in my eye and a spring in my step better than a whole bottle of champagne (French of course and even better AT their expense).

Freddie

Yeah is this a representation of amercian sensibility?

US SOLDIERS UNDER SIEGE IN IRAQ ARE ASKED TO PRAY FOR BUSH

abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s819685.htm

I am sorry all the other children didn’t like you in school European, but can you just let it go now. haha

[quote=“European”]Yeah is this a representation of amercian sensibility?

US SOLDIERS UNDER SIEGE IN Iraq ARE ASKED TO PRAY FOR Bush

abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s819685.htm[/quote]

Seems pretty sensible to me, I pray for that all the time. :smiling_imp: