American-style Chinese Restaurants

You caught Mr. Chau being naughty to the panda?
:x

much worse…

1. Mr. Chau have rats in his house
  2. Mr. Chau lets employees work without the gloves in the kitchen
  3. Mr. Chau’s house is very very dirty…
  4. Mr. Chau is just a nasty plance to dine at.

IMPO

Does Mr. Chau’s have outlets outside the San Francisco Bay Area? I always thought it was local to there. I think I ate there once. First and Last time. :? I remember when they first started, they sold donuts alongside the Chinese food, and it was called “Mr Chau’s Donuts and Chinese Fast Food”

As for PF Changs, agreed, you go there for the atmosphere and not the food. I first had it in Salt Lake City of all places, and they recently opened one up really close to where I used to live.

For those that can read Chinese, in areas that have large Chinese populations, you can usually get a different menu that is written in Chinese only. Most of the good stuff is on there.

[quote=“scooter”]potstickers
sweet and sour pork
General Jor’s Beef
Kung-pao chicken
Brocolli Beef
Crab Rangoon
8 Treasures Soup
Hot and Sour soup
Crispy wontons
fortune cookies
[/quote]

I know you can get the following in Taiwan, depending on which restaurant you go to:

potstickers (mostly at those potsticker and dumpling restaurants)
sweet and sour pork (sometimes called Kyoto Spareribs)
Kung-pao chicken (mostly at Szechaun restaurants)
Hot and Sour soup (many places, but you can almost always find it at those potsticker and dumpling restaurants)

Some HK style restaurants will have Broccoli Beef, but it’s with Chinese Broccoli.

The potsticker and dumpling places make potstickers better than just about any place I’ve had in the US outside of homemade.

Anyway, just as the Western Food in Taiwan has been changed to suit Taiwanese tastes, so the Chinese Food in the West has been changed to suit Western Tastes. Although in areas of high Chinese populations, it’s possible to get pretty authentic stuff if you order from the Chinese menu (See my previous post).

Is “here” Vancouver? If so, there’s plenty of places that serve the authentic stuff (both Taiwanese and HK) in Vancouver. Don’t remember where, since my friends took me when I visited, but they are there. I’ll ask my friend if you’re interested to find them.

Does Mr. Chau’s have outlets outside the San Francisco Bay Area? I always thought it was local to there. I think I ate there once. First and Last time. :? I remember when they first started, they sold donuts alongside the Chinese food, and it was called “Mr Chau’s Donuts and Chinese Fast Food”.[/quote]

whatever or whenever it maybe, Mr. Chau doesn’t tasted good, AT ALL. I would eat it if I am down to my last $5 and have absoultely nothing else to eat at my house. Heck, I would rather have cup of noddles than fake Chinese food. Well, that is just me…

Yes, here is Vancouver and I know there are places where they sell TWnese food, but they are either not authentic enough or too expensive. Plus, they (in Richmond or on Broadway) are really far from where I live (Burnaby).
So I’ve stopped eating out all together…decided to cook myself. Last time when I was in Taipei I bought some recipe books… :mrgreen:

Good for you Jenny, nothing beats the home-made cooking… even Mr. Chau… :laughing: