American Vets of Vietnam War in Taiwan?

Vietnam vets must be thinning out due old age

2 Likes

Remember drinking there with Forumosa’s Comrade Stalin and laughing at some of the people we tangled with on the Forum. Good times.

4 Likes

Ha, I did so on one occasion. Lent him my KLF cds

1 Like

Am I right in thinking the original Malibu on Renai traffic circle was part owned by Ritchie Walker?

True.

But, if you are a veteran of any foreign war, and were awarded any of the qualifying campaign medals, you can join the Flying Tigers VFW Post 9957 and become a member.

In fact, new members are definitely what all VFWs around the world are in desperate need of at this time. There just doesn’t seem to be very much interest with the new generations.

Any war vets who wish to become a member of The Flying Tigers VFW Post 9957 can reach out for detailed information regarding qualifications and application via their Facebook page.

4 Likes

Veterans of the Māori land wars need not apply :laughing:

3 Likes

Oops answered already

Muu Muu land ! Justified and ancient

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if the US military gets the person in the image wrong. Not after learning that both the Band of Brothers book and series got the death of Blithe wrong. If the people you fight with can get you mixed up with some other people, and claim you’ve died a few days after D-Day, when in fact you’ve fought in the Korean War, and coached paratroopers in Taiwan, getting the person naked in a bath with two girls wrong seems pretty normal.

1 Like

I’ve already forgotten the names of both those girls. Even though it seems like only yesterday I was walking through the streets of Beitou arm in arm with them. Such energetic young fillies they were.

4 Likes

I am a veteran of the second Dofu war. Where do I sign up?

3 Likes

Show me your fruit salad and I’ll tell you if you’re qualified.

4 Likes

Why does it appear Taipei was way more fun (even freer in some ways) back then under martial law than now under democracy? Seems it had more of a SEA party vibe back then.

1 Like

If you are male, Late Immigrant, or white, sure it was way more fun back then.

2 Likes

There used to be both an American Legion post and a VFW post in Taipei (Tian Mu). The American Legion was on Lane 35 Zhong Shan N. Rd Sec 6. @tommy525 posted the correct area. The VFW was further up in an alley east of Zhong Shan N. Rd Sec 6. It then moved to a basement location in an alley somewhere near Tian Yu St (ć€©çŽ‰èĄ—). Not sure when it moved to its current location. Both were very popular back in the day.

3 Likes

Seems I’ve only been to the American Legion then thought it was the VFW haha

Just remember the coupla pinball machines and the coupla one arm bandits I think the place had
Memory may be off though
Second floor was where the dances were held

Cheap beer and ok food

1 Like

They served a mean SOS.

1 Like

Do you know where they were before that? Haven’t kept up.

No, sorry.