American women, American men

In the thread about things you don’t miss about home, someone said [quote]american women[/quote]

What’s so bad about ‘american women’? I’ve had three reasonably serious relationships with american women while in Asia. Each was warm, good-natured, intelligent, fun, and pleasant to be with. Each was greeted with approval with any of my friends that they happened to meet - including the person who wrote the quote.

I put it to this community that the quality of the women in your life is a reflection of what you have to offer.

It’s too late - Erhu’s gone man, and no amount of kissing-up is going to change that. But good try anyway. :laughing:

[quote=“stragbasher”]
I put it to this community that the quality of the women in your life is a reflection of what you have to offer.[/quote]

That makes me a god. :wink:

I’ll sorta answer since I am an American man. They are all so nice and polite in the beginning, but then slowly after a short time when your guard is down, they take advantage and suck the life out of you…it’s true, it happened to my best friend’s girlfriend’s stepbrother’s father-in-law, plus i read it on the internet, so it must be true! :smiling_imp: And don’t forget the saying “Once You Go Asian, You Never Go Caucasian!”

There’s also the saying “Once you go Mieguo you’ll never hui guo.”

Frost says: [quote] They are all so nice and polite in the beginning, but then slowly after a short time when your guard is down, they take advantage and suck the life out of you…it’s true, it happened to my best friend’s girlfriend’s stepbrother’s father-in-law, plus I read it on the internet, so it must be true! [/quote] And i have seen this sentiment on here from some people who have dated Asian women. Point is, people are people, and buyer beware when you get in a relationship. I have had relationships with varied races, and experienced hurt in all of them. But then again, I lacked maturty in one, lacked common sense in the other, lacked reality when the truth stood buck naked in my face, lacked courage to say what I needed to say when it should have been said, lacked patience when needed, etc. American, Canada, Japanese, Chinese, it’s all the same but what you bring to game makes it different…

This quote is irrelevant to this thread. Asians can be Americans, too.

This quote is irrelevant to this thread. Asians can be Americans, too.[/quote]
But they can never be caucasian…

Edit: Unless, of course, they’re from a certain region of India…
:wink:

This quote is irrelevant to this thread. Asians can be Americans, too.[/quote]
But they can never be caucasian…[/quote]

But this thread is about American women and American men.

Most white people can never be Caucasian, either, unless they’re from a certain region in the former Soviet Union. I don’t recall any of my family ever coming from the Caucasus Mountain region, so that label is irrelevant to me.

All ya need to stop the logic and bittin" !!!

It’s once you go black you never go back

Something should never be messed with. :beatnik: :tic:

For starter, I have to say asian girls in the States is different from white girl in the States (with exception of course). When I or most of my friend says American it means white, sorry for the sterotype, but it is how it ends up.

ok, now, back to topic. My biggest problem with American girls are that they all like to play games on the dating scene one way the other (and quite often, unconscious about it). That being said, I do find many very attractive characters about American girls, such as more independent, etc.

Ha ha ha…that’s rich…Asian girls have it all over American girls when comes to mindfucking you with games and manipulation. At least when an American girl is lying to you she’s straightforward about it. Here in Asia, deceit is a high art form, especially when it comes to dating.

[quote=“clee19821013”]
ok, now, back to topic. My biggest problem with American girls are that they all like to play games on the dating scene one way the other (and quite often, unconscious about it). That being said, I do find many very attractive characters about American girls, such as more independent, etc.[/quote]

That could just be considered apart of the norm for the dating rituals we have. As we get older, we get bolder (sometimes that can be a REAL put off if not done with grace) we don’t feel the need to play games. Guys play the games also. I have stories for days on what games i have had to deal with guys. But I wouldn’t write them off for it, i would just ask myself, what am I doing to attract so many guys who play games?

Ha ha ha…that’s rich…Asian girls have it all over American girls when comes to mindfucking you with games and manipulation. At least when an American girl is lying to you she’s straightforward about it. Here in Asia, deceit is a high art form, especially when it comes to dating.[/quote]

well, I am compare something like Latino or some European to American girls here.

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“clee19821013”]
ok, now, back to topic. My biggest problem with American girls are that they all like to play games on the dating scene one way the other (and quite often, unconscious about it). That being said, I do find many very attractive characters about American girls, such as more independent, etc.[/quote]

That could just be considered apart of the norm for the dating rituals we(US) have. As we get older, we get bolder (sometimes that can be a REAL put off if not done with grace) and we don’t feel the need to play games. Guys play games also. I have stories for days on what games I have had to deal with guys. But I wouldn’t write them off for it, I would just ask myself, what am I doing to attract so many guys who play games?[/quote]

I am fresh out of college, guess what kind of girls I am talking about here…

Just a disclaimer though, I did find some American girl with amazing characters. I am not here to bash, just little observation. I hope I didn’t offend anyone.

Don’t worry, I’m sure in this thread and others, personal observations and experiences do often offend people when discussed. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t share them and talk intelligently about them. Just post but sometimes carry your asbestos suit around just in case :wink:

Welcome to Forumosa and the D&R Forum :slight_smile:

=YC
D&R Moderator

I submit that the women you have met here in Asia are the creme’ de la creme’ of the offerings. Intelligent, self-assured and confident in their abilities.
Ergo, not a common sample of ‘American women.’

No…what you meet is what you meet. Some may be the best you could ever aspire to dream of and some may be the product of your deepest nightmares.
Its life. And its what happens.

No…what you meet is what you meet. Some may be the best you could ever aspire to dream of and some may be the product of your deepest nightmares.
Its life. And its what happens.[/quote]

I’ve met too many good people with bad partners to agree with Loretta. Gotta agree with Cowboy on this one. Also remember, half of success and failure in dating (and life) is the Dumb Luck factor.