Americans and guns....and Cheney

In my bike forum there is a girl called Fullauto-girl…I commented in passing that everytime I saw her name I read it as Fellatio-girl. She said her name refers to her love for guns…and got a little defensive. And then posted a link to this video of her friends playing with guns…in defense of herself. This video is pretty darn freaky in my opinion.

I’d also like to draw special attention to the very little boy shooting the automatic rifle…wearing a Bush-Cheney T-shirt :laughing: :noway: : tscmachine.com/images/Videos/RoanokeLOW.wmv

My friend says it’s a great first date, because apparently many women get a kick out of it (it’s almost sexual). He saw this one couple literally go at it and leave for privacy after the guy helped the girl get off a few rounds (she no doubt reciprocated later)

Happy family Sunday outing, couple of 100$ bullets wasted but else … so fun.

I don’t “love” guns in the sense of wanting to hump one but I do respect them. I also hold the right to bear arms as one of the greatest freedoms given to me.

I got my first gun at 6 years old for X-mas. A .22 Winchester lever action rifle. Later on we had pistols and even learned how to reload our own ammo. My father was very strict about safety and we had to do the NRA safety course also. Never had an accident.
But I did almost have an eye taken out by a dart when we got a dart board one year.

I like guns as well. I’ve never fired an automatic assault weapon but it looks like fun. I’ve certainly never fired two at the same time! I like to shoot at targets.

I’ve been thinking about archery a lot. It looks cool. Something about lining up your shot and getting into that zone and hitting the target.

Its one of the greatest fuckups given to you, but regardless of our views on that particular issue, I had a big’ol stupid grin on my face throughout the whole film.

And why is that?

And why is that?[/quote]

Remind me of the reasoning again of why its good to give something to the general population that enables them to kill each other with such ruthless efficiency?

[quote=“Tyc00n”]
Remind me of the reasoning again of why its good to give something to the general population that enables them to kill each other with such ruthless efficiency?[/quote]

Because if a scary man breaks into your house at night with a gun and threatens your family, the best way to avoid anyone getting hurt is obviously to pull out … another … gun …

[quote=“Brendon”][quote=“Tyc00n”]
Remind me of the reasoning again of why its good to give something to the general population that enables them to kill each other with such ruthless efficiency?[/quote]

Because if a scary man breaks into your house at night with a gun and threatens your family, the best way to avoid anyone getting hurt is obviously to pull out … another … gun …[/quote]

So none of the gun lovers could come up with an answer to the question. So another anti-gun guy answered with sarcasm…classic.

Like cars? I hate the damned things! Plus they wreak havoc on the environment.

The really scary thing about that film is that had half of those people been shooting at human beings their thrills would have been magnified a thousand times. Provided, of course, the people being shot at were members of a terrorist organization, or drug dealers or somebody else they felt justified in hating.

It is also becoming increasingly nauseating isn’t it the extent that people will go to to entertain themselves? I mean of course it would be fun to shoot guns like those but couldn’t that energy, that money and those resources have been better spent otherwise?

Three quarters of the shit people do seems idiotic to me.

[quote=“bob”]It is also becoming increasingly nauseating isn’t it the extent that people will go to to entertain themselves? I mean of course it would be fun to shoot guns like those but couldn’t that energy, that money and those resources have been better spent otherwise?

Three quarters of the shit people do seems idiotic to me.[/quote]

yeah, I can’t see spending thousand on guns when chainsaws make for a much better investment for example.
But then I’d probably prefer guns then Rolex watches.

I think 3/4 is underestimating idiotic.

The lunks in that video just look really really dumb to me. Like a kid sitting in his dad’s car in the driveway, revving the engine and sawing at the wheel but not allowed to engage the gears. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: They don’t look as if they’re even aiming at anything. Dumb pillocks.

Imagine for a second if the general Taiwanese populace was allowed to own guns.

All these discussions we’ve been having about road rage, pub beatings, random assualts and gangsters would involve a helluva lot more deaths, comas and serious maimings.

I hear ya! Did you see what those folks in Rwanda did with guns? Terrifying, isn’t it?

I actually agree. My guns were given to me as gifts and for hunting purposes. I don’t like to kill things if I’m not intending to eat them, so I shot at targets for a bit in my teens.

I don’t consider it an “right” or expression of freedom or whatever to own a firearm.

I would happily not own guns if NOBODY else did. I don’t really think anybody should.

I’d rather be into archery, anyway.

There are really few reasons to own a gun in this world and killing another person seems to be the prevalent one. They are meant to destroy life. Nothing else.

I would like to see some statistics (yeah, statistics, I know) or some link that can tell me how often people break into homes and get shot for it. How often does this happen, anyway?

Of course you should be able to protect your life and the lives of your family. Are there other options besides blowing somebody away? Why does it have to be guns? Are tasers useful?

I don’t know anything… I’m just tired and wondering…

Really quite an amazing film came out recently that tells the true story of an arms dealer in Africa. It doesn’t answer the exact questions you are asking but is an eye opener anyway. Stars Nicholas Cage. Have forgotten the name but suspect it’ll be popping up here shortly, care of another kind poster or two…

Hang on,

“Lord of War”

Pretty sure that’s it.

[quote=“Mordeth”][quote=“Brendon”][quote=“Tyc00n”]

Because if a scary man breaks into your house at night with a gun and threatens your family, the best way to avoid anyone getting hurt is obviously to pull out … another … gun …[/quote]

So none of the gun lovers could come up with an answer to the question. So another anti-gun guy answered with sarcasm…classic.[/quote]

I think that most gun lovers are over compensating for a lack of something else. … I feel that people shouldn’t arm themselves unless they are at war.

Tell me if I’m right …Amaericans feel the right to carry arms is a freedom they deserve incase their government, Indians or other crazy sects minorties gansters or hicks want to attack them.

Don’t you think this policy is a little counter productive for a peice full society. It is not surprising that the two most violent crimne ridden countries in the western world-South Africa and the US are the countries where people can carry fire arms