Americans discover blackest black

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]Now the US Army will recruit more ‘African’-Americans and put them in ‘nano’-black gear … this way they can sneak up unseen to the enemy …
Good way to lower unemployment amongst this group … it’s all about lowering the military budget, they don’t need expensive robots, hi-tech camouflage gear … just a layer of nano-black …[/quote]

running the risk of waisting all that gear from a simple smile would be foolish,even by DoD standard,
in the end they’d still have to ask European scientists to create black enamel to cover all bases :stuck_out_tongue:

Man…this thread went from interesting to stupid in a rapid manner.

Good article.

…now where’s my old Gossen Luna Pro…?

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]

…now where’s my old Gossen Luna Pro…?[/quote]

You still have one … ?

Unfortunately no. I got rid of it about 12 years ago. It was an old non-digital one. Still worked well though. A woman bought my flash meter
at the same time. An old Sekonic that was basic (cheap) as heck but worked great.

I wonder what 100% light absorption could mean… would it suck all substance in like a black hole?

Not sure… but, either way, I don’t think you’d be able to see anything but the outline contrasted against whatever it’s in front of. I mean, there’d be no details visible save the shape of the border. Interesting thought.

in other words, it would be black.

Well, yeah, it’ll be black… but it’d be absolutely impossible to discern any definition or depth since there’d be no contrasting colors to signify shape. It could be a circle or a sphere or a cone, you’d never know just by looking straight at it. Which goes back to my original point about it being almost certainly something the military is going to be very interested in (but in all likelyhood was funding in the first place).

yeah, i didn’t really think about shape. you’re right, if no light is reflecting off it, how can your eye gain any information about it at all? would be like a pitchblack room in a confined space.

How about power generation? I’m no scientist, but I’ve got into a black car after it’s been parked in the sun for a period of time. Wouldn’t something that black when put in sunlight get very hot, very quickly?

and let’s not forget that the purest white has been around for a long time,thanks to DAZ

ok, so let me get this straight, tax dollars are going to the development of the color black? Uh…I think the human race is just doomed…

yeah what is going on with this crazy science stuff. unbelievable