Americans Impeaching Alberto Gonzales?

One of the most significant Bush/Cheney/Rove/Pnac props (Attorney General Alberto Gonzales), finally in the cross hairs of Citizens Justice.

While I do NOT subscribe to Democrat party quibbling, this case for impeaching of one of the most shamefully shallow anti-American (pro-Bush) lawyers has my full support and appreciation.

[url=http://impeachgonzales.org]
President Bush won’t fire Attorney General Alberto Gonzales… but YOU can!

impeachgonzales.org/[/url][quote]We, The Undersigned, urge the House Judiciary Committee to begin the process of impeachment of US Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, in accordance with Article II, Section 4 of the U.S. Constitution, which provides for removal of the President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States. We believe the process will prove that Atty. General Gonzales has committed High Crimes and Misdemeanors, including the abuse of power and violation of the public trust, both impeachable offenses.[/quote]

Further readings…
Boston Globe
The Nation (blog)
Huffington Post
Seattle Times
ThinkProgress (great video clip)

==============================

what buffoonery…nothing on Yahoo, Google or any other news site to support this threads title.

[quote=“Tainan cowboy”]what buffoonery…[/quote]Interesting byline request.
google.com/search?q=impeach+gonzales (784,000 related)
search.yahoo.com/search?p=impeach+gonzales (965,000 related)
Should be enough to gnaw on. In a week or so, probably a million more.

Tainan cowboy, is netiquette a factor in your posting?
forumosa.com/p/?slapsnot

Is it correct that you were in 110% in favor of spending over 50 million taxpayer dollars to investigate and impeach Clinton for lying about his sexual exploits? Yes? Then why have you been silent on the justifications of the Cheney impeachment articles? And why are you interested to only add moans on this particular overdue, democratic initiative? You cared so much about a lying Democrat President, but care so little about the heinously impeachable circumstances in your own beloved party? Why wouldn’t you want to restore some trust in US leadership, or trust in democratic ideals?

Read any (or all?) of the links highlighted, and you’ll better understand the topics. It appears a number of forumosans trust you have some worthwhile comments to offer on certain subjects… why be a hypocritical buffoon on this one?

=========================================

[quote=“William Bergman”]On p. 172 of the final [9/11 Commission] report, after discussing money laundering issues, the commission concluded, “To date, the U.S. government has not been able to determine the origin of the money used for the 9/11 attacks. Ultimately, the question is of little practical significance.”

One of those reportedly involved in making the transfers [General Mahmoud Ahmed] left his position as Director of the Pakistani intelligence service soon after September 11. This person happened to be visiting Washington the week before 9/11, and was having breakfast with leaders of the Senate and House Intelligence Committees on the very morning of 9/11 – leaders of the subsequent Congressional Joint Inquiry into the events of September 11.

A complete discussion of what we know about these transfers, whether these transfers were or were not made, and if they were, who arranged them and how, would seem to be a critical element of any full and complete investigation. Yet, amazingly, and yet, perhaps not so amazingly, they went unmentioned in the 9/11 commission’s final report.

William Bergman, MA, MBA, Former Economist and Senior Analyst, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago 1990 - 2004. In 2003 - 2004, he was assigned to investigate terrorism-related money laundering.
[/quote]

Demo attempt for ‘no confidence’ vote on Attorney General Gonzales failed.

Next!

A bit of explanation about what really was on with the attempted ‘No Confidence’ vote called for, which failed, by certain members of the US Democratic congress side.

Democrats’ bid to rebuke Gonzales fails

“Republicans said Democrats never expected to pass the resolution, but simply wanted to publicly ridicule Mr. Gonzales, a longtime ally of President Bush. “This is a very disappointing spectacle. This is beneath the dignity of the Senate,” said Sen. Trent Lott, Mississippi Republican”

Disgusting partisan in-fighting during a time of war.

You’re either grasping to downplay the necessity for congress to address the demands of the American public (and Constitution) or cowardly joking :unamused:. And you’re still standing for some invisible legal or moral justification for ‘war’?

On to the issue at hand: According to one of the proponents of the no-confidence vote…

[quote=“The Nation”]New York Senator Chuck Schumer has for some weeks been calling for a vote of “no confidence” in Attorney General Alberto Gonzales.

The crisis created by Gonzales has spun out of control. Even conservative Republicans in the Senate recognize it, as they do the fact that only the departure of a lawless and dysfunctional attorney general will begin to set things right. “The bottom line is the only person who thinks the attorney general should remain attorney general is the president,” say Schumer. “He’s gotten virtually no support from even Republicans in the Senate, just a handful have supported him, six have called for him to step down, a dozen more have said very negative things about him.”

To schedule the no-confidence vote, Schumer will need the agreement of 60 senators to invoke cloture, which would limit debate and bringing the resolution to a vote. Getting to 60 votes in a Senate with 49 Republicans and a several White House-friendly “Democrats” is unlikely.

But the cloture vote will show where senators stand at a point when the Justice Department is in disarray. Do they want to fix things, or are they more interested in playing the political games of a White House that could care less about maintaining basic functioning within Justice?

If Republican senators who admit that Gonzales is a disaster were to do the right thing, this could be a turning point. Though a no-confidence vote carries no official sanction, if the Senate were to simply schedule such a vote, the attorney general would be forced to respond with something more than his usual doubletalk.

The ranking Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, Pennsylvania’s Arlen Specter, has said that he thinks the response to the mere threat of a no-confidence vote would be a resignation. Referring to the prospect of “a forceful, historical statement” of no confidence, Specter says, “I think that if and when (Gonzales) sees that coming, that he would prefer to avoid that kind of an historical black mark.” [/quote]

Who’s champion hero is this? Let’s guess…

As for the reference you quoted… why DO YOU (don’t run away Tainan Cowboy, I am writing to you and your chickenhawk sidekick) think Republicans would want to “…publicly ridicule Mr. Gonzales, a longtime ally of President Bush…”?

Maybe we need to identify the names of those 7 Republicans who voted no-confidence for gitmo Gonzales?

Realize this: 7 more votes and headlines could have read:

Bush’s Puppet Attorney OUT, Finally

Momentum.
Justice.
Which side do you really want to be on?

Late-breaking news…

Shaking Off Amnesia, Gonzales Remembers He’s Actually Pool Salesman From Tulsa

June 11, 2007
[i]WASHINGTON, DC—Embattled Attorney General Alberto Gonzales’ future was thrown further into jeopardy Friday when he was accidentally struck by a boom microphone, reversing a years-long case of amnesia and causing him to remember his true identity as hotshot Tulsa, OK pool and spa salesman “Cabana Al” Gonzales.

“My God, what am I doing here?” a dazed Gonzales asked reporters in what they assured him was indeed his office. “The last thing I remember is slipping on some wet redwood decking out by the Boswicks’ 16-by-48-foot in-ground El Tropico—beautiful pool, that one, with a hefty seven-percent commission attached—and then suddenly I’m waking up three years older, 25 pounds heavier, and defending my actions in the firing of eight federal prosecutors. Somebody has obviously made a really big mistake.”

After being informed of the details of his recent legal career, including his opinion that the right of habeas corpus is not represented in the Constitution and that law enforcement officers do not in fact need warrants to listen to phone calls made by private citizens, Gonzales expressed regret over “whatever it was [he] did” and apologized to anyone he may have inconvenienced by his actions over the past three years.[/i]

There’s more…
theonion.com/content/news/sh … a_gonzales