Americans rush to make online wills in the face of the coronavirus pandemic

I started thinking about preparing a will last year, but procrastination got the best of me. This story has put it back in mind.

Is preparing a will in Taiwan as easy as I think it is in the US? Basically, you write it and have a witness sign it and that’s it? Would wills written in English be challenged even if they were signed and/or chopped? Do they have to be chopped at all or are signatures sufficient?

I found only one brief topic on last wills here.

1 Like

Good question, and it’s also something I’d like to know. My wife and I don’t have kids and it’s not as if we’re rich, so getting our affairs in order isn’t that important, but it’d still be good to have things set up to minimize issues for our families.

I am not that knowledgable but lots of families here have issues of dividing up the bounty due to wierd ancient laws and crappy wills. They even have verbal wills with a witness.

In my opinion, have it notarized with witness as absolute bare minimum.

Edit. If you have things here and live here. Have the notarized english version translated and also notarized.

Now kids don’t try and spy on your parents Will, you might find they left it all to the local hamster sanctuary.

Thank you all!

2 Likes

Most of what you need to know is in here

2 Likes

Thanks just the kind of thing I need (just kidding)