Amnesty International Meeting in Taipei

[color=green]
Come to the next Amnesty International Meeting on Tuesday June 3 at 7:30 pm. We welcome anyone with interest or experience in international human rights issues. Our current project is to improve human rights for the people of Tibet.

10F, No. 2 Sec. 1 Zhongshan N. Road
(MRT Taipei Main Station Exit 7).
台北市 中山北路 1 段 2 號 10 樓
Meetings are conducted in English.

Contact Details:
Mobile: 0917.440.989
Email: taiwanaie@gmail.com
URL: amnestytaipei.wetpaint.com
[/color]

I am willing to participate if you can get Amnesty International Taiwan to assist non Chinese immigrants and migrants on Taiwan.
Eric

[quote=“Eric W. Lier”]I am willing to participate if you can get Amnesty International Taiwan to assist non Chinese immigrants and migrants on Taiwan.
Eric[/quote]
I believe that the [color=red]modus operandi[/color] of Amnesty International (AI) is not to deal with “local issues.”

Hence, I assume that if you want to “assist non Chinese immigrants and migrants on Taiwan” … you might want to contact the AI Chapters in Burundi, Croatia, Denmark, Ethiopia, Iceland, Iran, Liberia, Togo, Zambia, etc.

is your next meeting really in june? :astonished: The link you provided says november 19th

The next meeting is on Wednesday 19 November at 19:00 at Apt 1003 - 10F, No. 2 Zhongshan N. Rd. Sec. 1. It is a short walk from MRT Taipei Main Station Exit M7.

You can always find the details of the next meeting at amnestytaipei.wetpaint.com/

There is also a facebook group.

What are you doing about beheading in Saudi Arabia, stoning in Iran and executions in America? What are you doing about extra-judicial killings in Colombia, Turkey and the Philippines? Are you doing the usual regular Amnesty International activity of writing letters to prisoners of conscience and framed and death-row prisoners in various countries? You were working on repression in Burma - has that been forgotten now? If you go on with this focus on Tibet, which is part of China according to both ROC and PRC territorial claims, and recognised as such internationally, you risk becoming a mere political tool in ROC/PRC rivalry.

The next meeting is at 7:30pm on Wednesday 11 March 2009. The location is Room 1003 10F, No. 2 Sec. 1 Zhongshan N. Road. It’s a short walk from Taipei Station Exit M7.

The group now has a blog to replace the Wetpaint site. The blog is at amnestytaipei.wordpress.com/.

The next meeting is at 7:30pm on Wednesday 22 April. The guest speaker is Linda Arrigo.

amnestytaipei.wordpress.com/2009 … pril-2009/

The next Amnesty meeting is at 7pm on Thursday 14 January 2010. Details in the link wp.me/ppTkp-2u

We will be discussing plans for 2010 and new members are always welcome.

At this point in time, it cannot be confirmed that there will be a presentation by the NGO representing Almas John. No word has been received from the law firm Dewey, Cheatem & Howe.

It will be posted here if further information becomes available.