Amphibia of Taiwan

They are cute little guys no doubt! Perhaps one of the most toady looking frogs in taiwan.

Hi? Whos this?

Lots of tiny frogs. This one was the size of my pinkie’s nail. Or maybe my thumb’s:
DSC_2631
DSC_2632
DSC_2635
DSC_2636

Now I come to think that this one might not be what you understand by amphibious, but who knows…
@tempogain:
BTW, although I support the idea of having a separated subforum for TW animals and insects (how about “Wild life”?), I think that we have way too many threads for our beloved bugs, critters, and so.

It would be great if posts, not just threads, could be tagged too.

What do you mean? Frogs are amphibians hehe.

"BTW, although I support the idea of having a separated subforum for TW animals and insects (how about “Wild life”?), I think that we have way too many threads for our beloved bugs, critters, and so. "

I dont think so. Too many driving amd cell phine posts, yes. Taiwan is a way under appreciated island of nature amd is good to get discussions about it out in the open as they do in otber countries. And keeping critter discussion separate is essential, threads always getting merged are far too confusing and get cluttered and confused, hence picking topics by general classification.

Plants are even MORE special in taiwan with 2 plus percent of earths pla t species being endemic to this little rock. Which is amazing.

Personally i think a general nature forum would serve better as wild life limits to just animals. Nature/ environment gets everything, and taiwan has some cool species outside the animal kingdom to discuss! :slight_smile:

At least in my opinion. But i am bias.

1 Like

Wild life then.

1 Like

Sorry not Taiwan , but worth a mention I thought.

somehow it wont paste the link
Togo slippery frog scientist wins award for conservation …BBC if you can’t see it .

The photo doesnt work. Youre talking about this one? Very cool indeed!

Some taiwanese pics:

20190519_204138

1 Like

Saw t20190816_161245 his beauty today out near Fulong.

20190816_161105

3 Likes

Whose is the worryingly pale , hairless , anaemic arm ? :wink:

Not mine don’t worry :grin:

1 Like

I was going to book you in to my hospital… glad you are ok :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Let’s do this. :grin: Show to the nurses before I get there.

The camera is doing some weird things. That’s the same frog in both pictures . And my wife is definitely darker than me because basically the whole world is darker than me . :sunglasses::joy:

Cool critter , but fingers remind of @yyy​:thinking: the noises around me are sadly reminiscent of a huge pond of bullfrogs , constantly on the go . Poor guys , struggling for breath and shutting down . I shall weep with gratitude when I can sleep :sleeping:.

1 Like

However your purchase of a Beer will top it :yum:

Yep I know I know , make me feel bad now :sweat_smile::grinning:

Odorrana swinhoana

Very beautiful pics. Their color is quite variable island wide. There is a blue form as well but never found one.

That first pic is some amazing leg…

2 Likes

Buerger’s frog (recently deceased)

3 Likes

3 Likes

Nice one. I have yet to see those.

May I ask (general) location?

There is this orange daylily farm/garden/cafe in Taichung called Muxinquan (沐心泉). I got this shot from a pond next to the parking lot.

1 Like