An American got sick in Taiwan. He came back with a tale of the ‘horrors of socialized medicine.’

I’m going to take it that your answer is “no,” you’ve never “partnered” with the US or local government in a business venture.

It is not exactly a pleasant experience. It’s also not an experience to be taken lightly.

Yes, that was the Democrat idea. The one that was rammed through Congress without Republican input.

Keep in mind that Massachusetts is among a handful of the most liberal states in the US, and Romney is among the most liberal Republicans in the GOP. Massachusetts is to the US as NYC is to the US, important but nowhere near representative.

In the minds of Democrats they chose a compromise, but as events have shown the compromise they chose was not the compromise that would have been reached had Republicans been involved in the legislative sausage making.

It’s debatable. Keep in mind that whatever algorithm you use, a human will decide what defines “fair.”

I think that gerrymandering as a spoils of war forces Democrats to stay engaged in “flyover” states where, if they retreat, they will lose all input into control over redistricting. Control of redistricting forces Democrats to listen to Americans everywhere, or lose valuable Congressional representation.

Debatable. I think replacing the passion in politics with reasoned thought is far more important. In fact, taking the money out of American politics probably depends on taking the passion out first.

1 Like