An electric frying pan?

Sorry, I haven’t really ever looked for one, but I suddenly remembered the other day about when I first moved out on my own, there was something wrong with my oven and I used to make like EVERYTHING in the electric frying pan, there’s a ton of stuff I’d be able to make here if I had one.
Has anyone ever seen one in Taipei?
Kinda like this:

Any appliance store or hypermart will have a variety of similar things for hot pot, grilling meat, etc., and some of those should do the trick.

Thanks, but it isn’t the same, I have the electric grill and the hotpot deal, this is different.

The closest I have seen was an electric wok. Looked like it might do the trick but I didn’t buy it. I think I saw it at Geant in Banciao but it’s been awhile. You might also look at the kitchen floor in SOGO. I was through there the other day and they had quite a variety of good stuff but I didn’t really look for this item.

Yep, I’ve seen those at Mitsukoshi, too. I was looking into those as I am really wary about the gas stove at home, and I’d rather get rid of the whole thing. It was about 3000 something, maybe less on sale.

Mom has one of those back home and it is very practical. We do our arroz con pollo, chuletas en salsa, pechugas al ajillo, etc… :lick: quick and easy.

[quote=“Icon”]Yep, I’ve seen those at Mitsukoshi, too. I was looking into those as I am really wary about the gas stove at home, and I’d rather get rid of the whole thing. It was about 3000 something, maybe less on sale.

Mom has one of those back home and it is very practical. We do our arroz con pollo, chuletas en salsa, pechugas al ajillo, etc… :lick: quick and easy.[/quote]

I know, they’re incredible.
You can make bread in them, fer cryin out loud!
I’m headed to Mitsukoshi this weekend, baby.
Muchas muchas gracias, linda palomita… :kiss:

I have this thing, see? Its an electric thing what does hotpot but it also has a flat thingy what goes on the top of it that does the electric skillet jobbie. I’ll need to check with wifie, but as far as I know, its yours if you want it – we’ve never ever used it.

Thanks very much, but the reason the skillet thing is special is that it precisely maintains even low heat, uniformly distributed over the whole inner surface, and the cover makes it a near airtight enclosure, so it’s like a proper oven.
Lasagna!!
Roasts!

What about boiling the utter fuck out of crabsticks manufactured out of extruded fish parts? Man, you just 'aint living, dude!

What about a regular skillet with a halogen cooker? they distribute heat way better than those induction junk. The only downside with halogen cooker is the surface gets HOT, and also it takes a while to heat up. but then electric skillets have the same problem…

I love them too. If you really want one, I can get me Mum to mail one over. Cost will be negligible, but it’ll take three weeks.

Thanks very much, but the reason the skillet thing is special is that it precisely maintains even low heat, uniformly distributed over the whole inner surface, and the cover makes it a near airtight enclosure, so it’s like a proper oven.
Lasagna!!
Roasts![/quote]

When you get it, teach us how to do lasagna in those. I find it… baffling.

Lasagna!!
Roasts![/quote]

When you get it, teach us how to do lasagna in those. I find it… baffling.[/quote]

Really? Uh, it’s been a while, but IIRC, you just have to make it, like, uh, wetter than normal and then cover it and simmer for like 25 minutes or something…
See, “simmer”, that’s what you can’t do properly on your standard 85 mungogingillion BTU Taiwan stove burners.
This baby, you just set for low and cover it.
Fantastic mostaccioli, too…

Make sure it can be opened from the inside. I was stuck inside one for hours before someone found me.

No, no, no, you’ve been away from home waaay to long, brother.
OHSA reglations now require them all to have an emergency alarm button inside.
You obviously weren’t the only one…

Can’t you just get one of these
http://store.pchome.com.tw/outdoorfun/M00013404.htm
and then a normal pot on the cooker?
Anyone seen these “offline”?

Mr the chief. Stop procrastinating. My Mum could have it in the mail by now. Tell me the required specs.

That screws up the old adage. Out of the frying pan and into the… electrical cord?

Zip it, kettle.