An oud at VERY short notice

A long shot indeed. I desperately need to borrow an oud, as soon as possible. If anyone has a lead on such a thing, please get in touch with me ASAP. Cheers.

Come on! I absolutely refuse to believe there aren’t dozens of closet oudists on the flob.

Let me check . . .

my closet . . .

Nope. Sorry.

I know the English “a lute” is derived from the Arabic “al oud,” but are lutes and ouds actually the same? If so, you could widen your search to include lutes.

Damn, I’m only reading this now.

Wait, I don’t have one either.

[quote=“irishstu”]Wait, I don’t have one either.[/quote]Could you leave one off your guitars in a hot car so it melts a bit, then it will look like the picture above.

Big Fluffy Matthew is oud.

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”]Big Fluffy Matthew is oud.[/quote]No, apparently, I am lute.

By a day. And you’re a doular short.

Are ouds loud?

Are oud players proud?

I had to check the dictionary. It’s pronounced as food without the f.

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”]I had to check the dictionary. It’s pronounced as food without the f.[/quote]Oud dude?

Naysayer!

OK, erm… Is it rude to play the oud?
I would do it if I could.

Only in Norn Iron could these two words possibly rhyme.

Only in Norn Iron could these two words possibly rhyme.[/quote]

What, do you lot pronounce the “l” or something?

Seriously though, You think THAT’s bad? “Ferry” and “fairy” are pronounced the same in Norn Iron (at least it seems that way to outsiders (we can actually tell the difference (sometimes))).

[quote=“irishstu”]Seriously though, You think THAT’s bad? “Ferry” and “fairy” are pronounced the same in Norn Iron (at least it seems that way to outsiders (we can actually tell the difference (sometimes))).[/quote]So that’s why your rendition of “Fairy across the Mersey” doesn’t go down well with Liverpudlians.

Check out the oud guy: tw.youtube.com/watch?v=qjPjtMaJ86I (and his pal on the tambourine thingy.)

Like Mary, merry and marry are pronounced the same in many parts of West Coast USA…

Only in Norn Iron could these two words possibly rhyme.[/quote]

What, do you lot pronounce the “l” or something?

Seriously though, You think THAT’s bad? “Ferry” and “fairy” are pronounced the same in Norn Iron (at least it seems that way to outsiders (we can actually tell the difference (sometimes))).[/quote]

Now I must know how those two words could possibly sound different. They’re pronounced the same here in Arki land, too.

Edit* I meant to add that they both rhyme with all those “Merrys” in Chris’s post.