Anagrams. Who are these posters?

[quote=“TomHill”].
Number 4 was Salvatore Armani
[/quote]
If would have been if there was a fucking ‘e’.

Cheers, Hot Mill.

[quote=“Richardm”][quote=“TomHill”]Number 4 was Salvatore Armani
[/quote]
If would have been if there was a fucking ‘e’.[/quote]
Right. I went over it time and time again - there is no ‘e’ in ‘NAVAL Asia ARM ROT’ - that’s why I said we can at least be certain it isn’t Salvatore Armani.

So Tom, your answer to your own anagram is wrong, and I’m still at a total loss.

There are 370 total usable words in ‘NAVAL Asia ARM ROT,’ and if you combine them using all the letters, the best you can get is a total of 216 3-word anagrams. If you raise the possibilities to 3-4 word anagrams, the number jumps to a whopping 3713. And if you go from 3-5-word? You’re not gonna fucking believe this, but it tops 10,000 (11,863, to be exact). Who has the time to go through something like that? PM me and I’ll send you the text file.

Then again maybe the poster uses words that aren’t in the dictionary. My tallies, after all, don’t account for proper names. Could it be that Salvatore has a brother Salvatora? If so, he’s a lurker and not a poster.

[quote=“smell the glove”][quote=“Richardm”][quote=“TomHill”]Number 4 was Salvatore Armani
[/quote]
If would have been if there was a fucking ‘e’.[/quote]
Right. I went over it time and time again - there is no ‘e’ in ‘NAVAL Asia ARM ROT’ - that’s why I said we can at least be certain it isn’t Salvatore Armani.

So Tom, your answer to your own anagram is wrong, and I’m still at a total loss.

There are 370 total usable words in ‘NAVAL Asia ARM ROT,’ and if you combine them using all the letters, the best you can get is a total of 216 3-word anagrams. If you raise the possibilities to 3-4 word anagrams, the number jumps to a whopping 3713. And if you go from 3-5-word? You’re not gonna fucking believe this, but it tops 10,000 (11,863, to be exact). Who has the time to go through something like that? PM me and I’ll send you the text file.

Then again maybe the poster uses words that aren’t in the dictionary. My tallies, after all, don’t account for proper names. Could it be that Salvatore has a brother Salvatora? If so, he’s a lurker and not a poster.[/quote]

How about I just made a mistake.
Here is a special anagram for you to figure out: off glove, smell the piss

[quote=“TomHill”]How about I just made a mistake.
Here is a special anagram for you to figure out: off glove, smell the piss[/quote]
GodDAMN this game is gettin’ more fun by the minute!

Um, is it “Tom vessel pegs off Hill?” or maybe “TomHill pegs off selves”?

Never 'eard of 'im. :smiley:

[quote=“smell the glove”][quote=“TomHill”]How about I just made a mistake.
Here is a special anagram for you to figure out: off glove, smell the piss[/quote]
GodDAMN this game is gettin’ more fun by the minute!

Um, is it “Tom vessel pegs off Hill?” or maybe “TomHill pegs off selves”?

Never 'eard of 'im.[/quote]

Right. I went over it time and time again - there is no comma in either of those guesses.
So, Smell the Glove, your guesses are wrong, and I’m still at a total loss.

Then again, maybe the poster isn’t aware of the presence of the comma.

[quote=“TomHill”]Right. I went over it time and time again - there is no comma in either of those guesses.
So, Smell the Glove, your guesses are wrong, and I’m still at a total loss.

Then again, maybe the poster isn’t aware of the presence of the comma.[/quote]
I give up. What’s the answer?

All right, all right, before this escalates into flinging of poo - and in deference to Tom being a good sport - I humbly offer round three. Ten anagrams of posters I’m fairly certain no longer post at Forumosa but did a few years ago. Some go back to 2001.

1. GRAY HAND
  2. WOMB BAND
  3. ICE GOGO USURER
  4. TOT ODOR REIGNED
  5. BARK AT EX
  6. MEDIA RUB
  7. BAD_TINT
  8. 4 OUR VERY FOE
  9. AIM RANT
  10. WATT A ZANY CARIBOU

Well you started the poo flinging. I made a mistake in a game, and for some reason you decided to be a bit of a twerp about it. I hope you enjoy the pleasure of my ignore button for the time being.

Here’s a freebie.

1. GRAY HAND = hnygaard

Here’s a post of hnygaard’s from 2001:
http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?p=21498&highlight=2001#21498

And never mind what I said about Tom being a good sport. If any of you see him, tell him I’m not talking to him either.

Isn’t/wasn’t this TomHill’s game? :loco:

[quote=“smell the glove”]Here’s a freebie.

1. GRAY HAND = hnygaard

And never mind what I said about Tom being a good sport. If any of you see him, tell him I’m not talking to him either.[/quote]

TomHill, Smell the Glove isn’t talking to you either.

[quote=“Old Gobbo”][quote=“smell the glove”]Here’s a freebie.

1. GRAY HAND = hnygaard

And never mind what I said about Tom being a good sport. If any of you see him, tell him I’m not talking to him either.[/quote]

TomHill, Smell the Glove isn’t talking to you either.[/quote]

Stan, please tell Old Gobbo to pass the salt.

Old Gobbo, please tell TomHill I want my sunglasses back.

And while you’re at it, um, tell him I’m sorry.

As a matter of fact, he can keep the sunglasses. :blush:

[quote=“TomHill”][quote=“Old Gobbo”][quote=“smell the glove”]Here’s a freebie.

1. GRAY HAND = hnygaard

TomHill, Smell the Glove isn’t talking to you either.[/quote]

Stan, please tell Old Gobbo to pass the salt.[/quote]

Old Gobbo,

TomHill would like you to pass him the salt and by the way could you tell me whether TomHill and Smell the Glove are talking again because I need to know 'cause I am kinda busy in the office and don’t have time to relay messages especially since my colleagues are suspicious of me typing away noisily while all they want to do all day is to read the newspapers in peace and quiet.

Smell the glove,
Please tell Stan to pass me the butter.

I guess we should just have a big gay kiss. MMMMwah!

Stan, you are too inconsiderate of your co-workers. You just don’t understand Taiwan culture. Smell the Glove, please tell Stan I am not talking to him.

TomHill, here you go…

Is THAT what Christian Aguilaerrrrrrrrrra looks like?

I’m a genie in a salt shaker.

Old Gobbo, please tell Tom Hill to pass the mayo.

[quote=“TomHill”]Smell the glove,
Please tell Stan to pass me the butter.[/quote]
You COULD ask him yourself now, er I mean me, or was that, oh what the hell, Stan, please pass TomHill the butter. And Stan, where did you get those sunglasses? Oh, and TomHill, Old Gobbo isn’t talking to you. I’m not sure if STOP_Ma is talking to anyone.

How about if we just do some anagrams. :smiley:
Maybe something a little less obscure than these:

1. GRAY HAND = hnygaard
  2. WOMB BAND = dbbowman
  3. ICE GOGO USURER = CuriousGeorge
  4. TOT ODOR REIGNED = ORIENTEDdotORG
  5. BARK AT EX = taxbreak
  6. MEDIA RUB = drambuie
  7. BAD_TINT = t_bandit
  8. 4 OUR VERY FOE = 4youforever
  9. AIM RANT = martian
  10. WATT A ZANY CARIBOU = crazyabouttaiwan