Analyze this

gerbil softly moaned:

[color=red]ARMAGEDDON![/color]

I think gerbil must have just quoted from posts blueface made when he was in a good mood. Maybe the really good stuff is still to come. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I have been kinda mellow the past couple of months. :laughing:

Gerbil:

This is quite a feat. I do not even want to know how many hours you spent doing this. Might I suggest that you give me a best of the french thread. I was going to suggest that you do one for the what’s with the muslim world but I think it will piss alien off to see all those “f” words reprinted again. haha

tigerman, you must have a beer belly! :slight_smile:

It used to be a six pack… but now it looks like there’s a 12 pack in there.

I’ve heard the politically correct description for “beer belly” is “liquid grain storage facility”.

Tigerman wrote:

To quote Homer Simpson:

I used to have a six pack, but now I’ve got the full keg.

Gerbil.

Good on you mate. Best Tigerman discription I could have thought of…here is some more guanxi if you promise to keep this up!

Sharky

gerbil is like Eamonn Andrews - don’t comment until he’s done you…! (oops)

[quote=“gerbil”]Bush

I had only one sentence to work with. :wink:

[quote=“Hartzell”]. . . Foreign Husbands Self Help Committee . . . grievances about visas, work permits, entry & exit matters, long term residency, etc. . . lobbying in the Legislative Yuan . . . grievances. . . category of permanent residency for foreigners . . . Immigration Law (May 21, 1999) . . . foreigners married to local Taiwan citizens . . . work rights in the Taiwan area. . . nine years of lobbying . . . Public Hearings in the Legislative Yuan . . . National Network of Foreign Spouses . . . female foreign spouses . . . Southeast Asian brides . . . free counseling services . . . language barrier. . . concerns of the "foreign spouse. . .“limited perspective”. . . major confusing points at the present time . . . interpretations of various laws and regulations by different government administrative agencies. . . foreigners to teach in elementary schools, or in kindergartens . . .promulgation . . . foreign spouses (with residency rights based on marriage). . . special class of foreigners . . . local Taiwan government agencies . . . Coordination Meeting in the Legislative Yuan with PFP Legislator Chin Hwei-ju. . . representatives from the Ministry of Education . . . foreign spouse . . . bushiban . . . Employment Services Act. . . clearly nonsense. . . Article 48 . . . foreign spouses (with residency rights based on marriage) . . . licensing procedure . . . foreign spouses needing a special license. . . important point of distinction. . . accountant, dentist, architect, pilot, nuclear engineer. . . ESA Article 48 . . . foreign spouse . . . However. . . Ministry of Education . . . administrative regulations . . . their interpretation. . . whereby I replied . . . administrative regulations . . . Legislative Yuan. . . promulgated. . . Ministry of Education was baffled by this argument. . . Whereupon Legislator Chin. . . Council of Labor Affairs . . . clear set of guidelines . . . ESA Article 48. . . no possible confusion. . . extremely reasonable. . . subject to a fine. . . prison term. . . the foreigner. . .However, the CLA representatives. . . 360 categories of work . . . hence it would be impossible . . . THE POINT BEING. . . inquiries about foreign spouse issues . . . clear and consistent explanation . . . laws, regulations, etc. . . contradictory information . . . simple example given above. . . Council of Labor Affairs . . . ESA Article 48. . . Coordination Meetings . . . Legislative Yuan. . . various Ministries and Departments . . . doesn’t seem to do any good . . .Kaohsiung (Gaoxiong) Police. . . official letter. . .“authoritative proof”. . . Dept. of Education. . . data and regulations. . . resulting confusion . . .in the proper legal way. . . serious problem . . . foreign spouses. . . Richard Hartzell. . . government agency. . . serious problems. . . BEYOND MY POWER TO DEAL WITH.

My NT$2.[/quote]

:wink:

Bush: “the battle of Iraq is one victory in a war on terror that began on September the 11, 2001.”

Bush: “Before 11 September 2001, many in the world believed that Saddam Hussein could be contained. But chemical agents and lethal viruses and shadowy terrorist networks are not easily contained . . .”

Bush: “Since America put out the fires of September 11, and mourned our dead, and went to war, history has taken a different turn . . . We are fighting the enemy in Iraq and Afghanistan today so that we do not meet him again on our own streets, in our own cities.”

Cheney: “[Iraq is] the geographic base of the terrorists who have had us under assault for many years, but most especially on 9/11.”

Cheney: “it’s been pretty well confirmed that [one of the lead hijackers] did meet with a senior official of the Iraqi intelligence service in Czechoslovakia last April, several months before the attack.”

Rumsfeld: “The coalition did not act in Iraq because we had discovered dramatic new evidence of Iraq’s pursuit of weapons of mass murder. We acted because we saw the existing evidence in a new light, through the prism of our experience on September 11th . . . The objective in the global war on terror is to prevent another attack like September 11th . . . We can say with confidence that the world is a better place today because the United States led a coalition of forces into action in Iraq.”

Rumsfeld: when asked why the US needed to invade Iraq, “What’s different? What’s different is 3,000 people were killed.”

Wolfowitz: "The battle to secure the peace in Iraq is now the central battle on the war on terrorism . . . It surprises me sometimes that people have forgotten so soon what Sept. 11, I think, should have taught us about terrorism. And that

Sigh. Yes, gerbil, and:

[quote=“Richard Miniter, ‘Losing bin Laden’”][Regarding the 1993 World Trade Center bombing’s initial investigation] Other agents suspected the Iraqis. In the course of a larger bombing, an American cruise missile had struck Baghdad’s Al Rashid Hotel on January 17, nearly killing Saddam Hussein, who was opening a conference for Islamic fundamentalists. Perhaps the Iraqi dictator or one of his invited extremists decided to take revenge by bombing a New York hotel that catered to visiting dignitaries. Iraq had long been a major supporter of international terrorism and the Gulf War had left Hussein with a lasting hatred of America. he had repeatedly and publicly vowed to take his revenge.(21)

(21) Laurie Mylroie makes a persuasive case that Iraq is tied to the 1993 World Trade Center attack. See Laurie Mylroie, A Study of Revenge: Saddam hussein’s Unfinished War Against America (Washington, D.C.: AEI Press, 2000). Mylroie, a Clinton campaign adviser, had access to [FBI Assistant Director] James Fox and many other government sources.[/quote]

So, yes, the Iraq War was part of the War On Terror, and yes, Iraq supported terror (and, you’ll note, even Islamic fundamentalism, as long as they were willing to go after America and not him), and yes, many Americans think Iraq had something to do with the September 11th attack.

But, no, George W. Bush never said that Saddam Hussein or Iraq (quote) “was responsible or connected to” the attack. Your Cheney quote mentions the Atta/Iraq meeting in Prague, but there is no public knowledge of what was discussed, and some question as to whether the meeting even took place. None of your other quotes demonstrate any link between Iraq and the attacks; they merely demonstrate a link between the attacks and the U.S. resolve to eliminate the threat that Saddam Hussein posed – a very different thing.

And now, I know someone is going to start screaming, but gerbil is the one who brought it into his own thread. . . . So sorry.

[quote=“gerbil”]Bush: “the battle of Iraq is one victory in a war on terror that began on September the 11, 2001.”

Bush: “Before 11 September 2001, many in the world believed that Saddam Hussein could be contained. But chemical agents and lethal viruses and shadowy terrorist networks are not easily contained . . .”

Bush: “Since America put out the fires of September 11, and mourned our dead, and went to war, history has taken a different turn . . . We are fighting the enemy in Iraq and Afghanistan today so that we do not meet him again on our own streets, in our own cities.”

Cheney: “[Iraq is] the geographic base of the terrorists who have had us under assault for many years, but most especially on 9/11.”

Cheney: “it’s been pretty well confirmed that [one of the lead hijackers] did meet with a senior official of the Iraqi intelligence service in Czechoslovakia last April, several months before the attack.”

Rumsfeld: “The coalition did not act in Iraq because we had discovered dramatic new evidence of Iraq’s pursuit of weapons of mass murder. We acted because we saw the existing evidence in a new light, through the prism of our experience on September 11th . . . The objective in the global war on terror is to prevent another attack like September 11th . . . We can say with confidence that the world is a better place today because the United States led a coalition of forces into action in Iraq.”

Rumsfeld: when asked why the US needed to invade Iraq, “What’s different? What’s different is 3,000 people were killed.”

Wolfowitz: "The battle to secure the peace in Iraq is now the central battle on the war on terrorism . . . It surprises me sometimes that people have forgotten so soon what Sept. 11, I think, should have taught us about terrorism. And that

Oh come on now tigerman, as a lawyer you can see that even if the statements don’t constitute downright fraud at the very least they clearly qualify as negligent misrepresentation (which, if they were the grounds for a legal action would be sufficient to support a verdict against the speaker of the statements).

If one were a lawyer representing the purchaser of a lemon from a fraudulent car salesman one would be lucky to have such statements as evidence. It would be an open and shut case of liability.