Got a call from a lady feeding dogs in Kaohsiung about this pooch. She could not catch him despite having fed him for quite some time. He’s very wild. I was quite shocked to see the extent of the damage the rubber band has caused around his neck once we were able to have a closer look. The pictures don’t quite show how deep the wound is, but you get a good idea. He went in for surgery this evening immediately after we captured him. I think he will be fine with lots of antibiotics and some rest.
His name is Mouse.
Some people think that some dogs get into that predicament by putting their snout into lunch boxes that still have rubber bands on them. It’s not entirely impossible. Better not take the chance… Please keep it in mind when you dispose of your lunch boxes. And if someone did this… Well… It’s a wonderful world we live in, is it not…