And the name for fake cheese is ...?

I like Cheez Whiz, especially on toast. Am I a bad person?

Yep, Gouda’s good … even on a pizza

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]Yep, Gouda’s good … even on a pizza[/quote]I’d take a real Cheddar over a processed Gouda any day. A brilliant snack is a decent English apple (none of your Golden Delicious rubbish) with a good hunk of Cheddar.

[quote=“Maoman”]I like Cheez Whiz, especially on toast. Am I a bad person?

[/quote]Never had Cheez Whiz, but on the basis of that picture, yes.

:wink:

[/quote]

Ew! That’s just plain nasty!

I’m with Ah Q on this one, gouda is far better than nasty cheddar… besides, you can’t slice cheddar with a cheese slicer, it just comes out in flakly little bits.
I miss some cheese from back home, we’ve got so many more options, both local and imported and cheese is fairly cheap back home.
I’d never eat that wierd analog stuff if I knew it was in anything I was eating, that’s for sure, cheese should be made from cow juice and that’s that.

Moo juice … not cow juice …

Spiced gouda is a fave of mine too, but it’s not fair to draw an overall quality line (as opposed to personal preference) between real cheddar and gouda; they’re just different.

The quality line belongs between fake cheese (including Velveeta, Cheez Wiz (sp?) and the fake slices sold in typical supermarkets here) and real cheese (including cheddar, gouda, and so on). And then you can further distinguish between levels of quality among the real cheeses, sure – a fine artisan cheddar and the cheapest brick of mass-made commercial cheddar or colby from the States aren’t going to be the same, of course.

I just got a whole reblochon de Savoie for under NT$300 from Carrefour. Half a kilo. That’s a lovely jubbly bit o’ cheese.

[/quote]

Not if you use it on a Philly Cheesesteak.

I’m sure that stuff in the jar has like 0.01% cheese and the rest is made up from artifical crap and food [color=#FF8000]colouring[/color].
What’s up with the orange US cheddar anyhow?
Might have to get myself one of those fancy french cheeses you seem to be gnawing on every so often Sandman, that one you just mentioned that I can’t spell the name of sound tasty according to what I managed to Google on the matter.

OK, here’s the thing about declaring fake (analogue cheese) on the ingredients list of a product … manufacturers don’t put it on because they don’t need to do it … honest companies do, but how many honest companies are there? … Anyways, how do they get away with it? Simple, they mix in some real cheese and declare, cheese, milk solids, whey, and vegetable oils, carbs etc. The only thing they do is adjust the amount of vegetable oils, carbs etc. as they are already ingredients in the product, so no one knows they put fake cheese in it … research uncovered that perhaps as much as 50% of food products containing cheese have fake cheese in it … even well known pizzerias have ‘pizza cheese mixes’ that contain fake cheese and ‘wrap’ cheese …
I wouldn’t doubt that cheese mixes that most pizzerias use in Taiwan contain fake cheese …

The reason? It’s cheaper, more profit to be made … forget about the better melt ability … no one knows, but do we actually care what we eat?

Oh, I read somewhere that the cheese from McDonalds’ Cheese burgers contains 30% fake cheese … do me the fired chicken please … oops, fried in beef containing vegetable oil …

[/quote]

“The Maoman” sandwich:

The “Maoman double cheese” adds this:

Am I right? :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s gross … that’s triple dipple preservatives sandwich crap … all of it is artificial prrrffff …

[quote=“elektronisk”][quote=“Maoman”]I like Cheez Whiz, especially on toast. Am I a bad person?

[/quote]

“The Maoman” sandwich:

Am I right? :p[/quote]
You got me on the Miracle Whip - I like it better than real mayo. Ixnay on all the estray, though. Especially the bread! :sick:

[quote]Ixnay on all the estray[/quote] and that means what?
I still remember the first time I ate wonder bread… it tastes like nothing and it feels like nothing.
I have a feeling someone who didn’t like bread invented it as a convenient way to eat all the nice sandwich toppings without the need of eating actual bread :smiley:

:banana:

:snooty: