And the stars in the sky don't mean nothing to you

they are mirrors.

In my 15 years in Taiwan, I have never seen a night like tonight. I could make out the big dipper. Fuck me dead-- an exquisite sky by Taiwan standards.

If God could only see his way fit to smile on this shit hole like he did today for another 250 days of the year that space between shit and hole would be wholly inhabitable.

After a few bai jius, I could see stars in Taiwan clearly also. It usually came after banging my head into something… :laughing:

It’s the upside to less economic activity. With tens of thousands of small factories closing in the Pear River Delta, and apparently Dongguan as dead as it should be, HK has seen amazing skies of late.

The next bit of upside will be snuffling up distressed assets! Hasten the crisis!

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]It’s the upside to less economic activity. With tens of thousands of small factories closing in the Pear River Delta, and apparently Dongguan as dead as it should be, HK has seen amazing skies of late.

The next bit of upside will be snuffling up distressed assets! Hasten the crisis!

HG[/quote]
You’re such a romantic, HG :laughing:

It’s the snuffling distressed assets bit. Gets them every time. :laughing:

HG

My mate from South Africa says my house is out in the “boondoos”. So where I live a clear sky = beautiful stars.

I don’t want to talk about it.

I love it! I love the stars, identifying the constellations…

The problem is that when you see such strange skies is that you realize you are far, far from home…

I had the same feeling that recent cold saturday night. the DRIEST cold night i could remember in taiwan.

Damn Fox, you need to get in that car of yours and drive up to Lalashan or someplace if you think these are clear skies down here. Knock your socks off they will.

Indeed the evenings have been exceptionally clear as of late.
Perhaps it’s some sign of the shapes of things to come.

In any event, still ain’t got nothin’ near East Sooke Park.
Dizzying, they are…

The Everything But the Girl version of that song haunts me to this day… as does There is a Light Which Never Goes Out…

Damn. :frowning:

But it’s also made me think of Stargazer - which has cheered me up. :discodance:

(Sandman doesn’t have to look at this link to know what I’m talking about…!)

The one real thing about Taiwan that I never could get over was the lack of stars. I LOVE the stars. Too bad I’m not there to see them above the 'wan. That would be amazing. My friend in HK has been talking about the clear skys and clean air in HK and I’ve assumed he must mean comparatively–and I’ve noticed in the photos thread some amazingly clear sky phhotos of late–guess the weren’t shopped as I’d assumed!

[quote=“Lord Lucan”]The Everything But the Girl version of that song haunts me to this day… as does There is a Light Which Never Goes Out…

Damn. :frowning:

But it’s also made me think of Stargazer - which has cheered me up. :discodance:

(Sandman doesn’t have to look at this link to know what I’m talking about…!)[/quote]
Aaaargh! Quit it! Just quit it! I don’t like to see these archival things and realize that I was at the damn concert. Koln, 1976. Wearing a fecking bin bag a la modale punk, if I remember correctly. With biker boots.
I got Jez and Dana to do a version of Apron Strings by EBTG, by the way. “Oh yeah, that ugly bird” said Jez. Fair set of pipes on her still, but.

I don’t want to listen to your heart especially if I have to put my ear to your shaved, bony, pigeon chest to do so.