And yet again...another shooting rampage in the USA

Ramos had a long-running feud with the Annapolis Capital newspaper, according to the Baltimore Sun, citing law enforcement sources.

In 2012, Ramos filed a defamation lawsuit against the paper and a columnist over a July 2011 story that covered a criminal harassment case against him.

He brought the suit against the columnist, Eric Hartley, naming Capital Gazette Communications and Thomas Marquardt, the paper’s former editor and publisher, as defendants. -Baltimore Sun

According to an unreported 2015 opinion filed in the Maryland Court of Special Appeals, Ramos pleaded guilty to criminal harassment in July 2011. Five days later, an article about the case appeared in The Capital, one of Capital Gazette’s publications. The story detailed accusations by a woman who said Ramos harassed her online and off for months, calling her employer and trying to get her fired. The woman eventually went to the police and Ramos pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of harassment in 2011. -WIVB

cue the toxic masculinity arrows

toxic masculinity explains many things.
the problem is not a gun policy in US, but men.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/01/17/gun-violence-masculinity-216321

This is an open goal for the NRA. It appears they were right that guns don’t kill people. People (or in this case the male subset) kill people. No need to restrict gun ownership. Just more hugs during childhood.

1 Like

Curious statement. It’s the demagogue himself who made the statement “they are the enemy of the people”. Is there an excuse for that statement then?

It’s a statement of fact. In many cases, they aren’t presenting facts, and aren’t serving the public interest.

Ah, so the new narrative is sexism. Okay…

toxic femininity

There are signs western society has reached and passed peak castration. The election of Trump is the backlash.

Oh, and we have a Jordan Peterson thread, in case anyone wants to be triggered some more.

(The trouble with men going their own way is it’s not really their own way if they let the haters determine their options. But men going on strike is a useful bargaining tactic, if nothing more.)

How does the article relate to shootings in the USA?

Unless only shootings count for some reason, what does that matter?

You’re just as dead if your crazy-ass girlfriend stabs you, y’know. They may not be much good with firearms but they can handle kitchen implements just fine.

Where’s the psycho xiaojie thread? Here we go:

And who dragged gender into this again?

@CTaitung

dismemberment is explained by toxic masculinity. Why not shooting.

everything is “toxic” nowadays.
The opposite of toxic masculinity is toxic femininity, as noted in the “Women are more violent, says study” link.

I’ve noticed that there’s something feminine about the Taiwanese pattern of violence. Lots of stabbings and beheadings, usually either random children or adult people they know. Maybe it’s the culture, or maybe gun control turns both genders into bunny boilers.

Again with the castration anxiety, and even literally this time!

“Vote Republican to make your balls grow back!” :rainbow:

Particularly when the actual politically motivated violence in the US tends the other way.

Show us scientific evidence.

Yes, this was a mass shooting. It meets the non-sophistical definitions above.

The posturing jackasses on TV have their own pet murderers, whom they exempt from their rhetoric.

You told us you wouldn’t comment on the Vegas mass shooting until the details were known. What does that mean, in a “non-sophistical” way? How many decades before it’s safe to comment?

I’ll comment: it’s curious that key details still aren’t known after all this time.

How about a Nothing To See Here thread?

Or a This Doesn’t Count thread?

This one harshes all sorts of narratives:

The moral (the one pertinent here, anwyay): you’re just as dead if you get stabbed in a mass stabbing. But no one cares.

Doing the Web searches others can’t be bothered to do…

I’d much rather someone come after me with a knife than an AR-15.

The difference is in the ability to rack up a body count, obviously.

I think I’d run if I saw a guy coming with a gun. Coming with a knife, I’d probably hesitate…I mean, who the :banana: comes at you with a knife?

Recent case in point:
In the process of ascertaining the woman’s condition and attempting to gain entry to the stairwell, 20-year-old Schuyler Lake emerged from the top of the stairwell and began to walk down the stairs armed with a knife. Through the broken glass, officers began to give several verbal commands to Lake to drop the knife but he refused and continued to walk down the stairs towards the female victim. As officers continued to give verbal commands, Lake proceeded to stab the female victim again at which time Officer Mackey fired several rounds from his service weapon at Lake to prevent him from stabbing the woman further.

Lake was struck by rounds fired by the officer and he was pronounced deceased at the scene.

The woman, age 52, who was subsequently identified as Lake’s mother,

Must be a Hillaruminati conspiracy then, since all we know is the identity of the shooter, his odd personality, his abnormal activities shortly before the incident, and the weapons used. Yep, no key details at all.

I’ll remember that standard for future reference. :cactus: