And yet another consequence of Taiwan Parenting Issues (spoilt, lack of belt)

We often talk about how many taiwanese kids and even teens still depends on babysitting. They lack of self confidence , responsibility, empathy.

Also applies to “Adult kids” 25-30’s that still lives with their parents, or are protected by them.

Here is to talk the major consequences that cause this type of “Parenting” where sadly the results end up in tragedy or harms to others.

Most of the consequences : Can’t accept a NO for an answer / Can’t accept due ONE home duty.

6 Likes

Adult Kid with wife and kids Couldn’t accept the order of her mother to wash the dishes:

7 Likes

But but but….

Everything is perfect in Taiwan! Taiwan is perfect there are no problems. Taiwan children are so perfect. Why do you spread such fake news. That’s what many Taiwan prophets believe anyway.

4 Likes

When parents are too square :

1 Like

The mommy baby treasure and killing joke threat in US:

What if bad parenting is a world-wide phenomena affecting every country in the world…? :thinking:

17 Likes

No no no, everyone who doesn’t get the belt (which I guess is what the thread title means?) is a horrible spoiled person with no respect for others. Like me! I didn’t get the belt! Belting children should be mandated, darn it! Too many kids are growing up without much-needed violence!

17 Likes

i dont think more belt is necessarily the solution, many of the gruesome serial killers in the west got the belt by their parents, and see where it got them…
my home country has cases of people abusing the elderly in nursing homes, children stealing money from their parents to cover gambling debts…
if a person is a psychopath, they will turn against their own family…

4 Likes

Belt is just a metaphor. Can be any other method of punishment but only to aware as thread. Im not encourage to do it everytime.

If u do evertytime obviously theres something wrong.

I had only one belt punish in my life , after that i respected the words: Be a good boy or theres belt

1 Like

I had a similar experience, i got one slap from my dad across the face, and i learned not to repeat the words i hear in the street at home.
in the case of the teens burning their parents home, i believe the parents struggled with them for many years, both belt and no belt, but the end result is the due to being a sociopath.
i have met many spoiled kids, they think that everyone is there to serve them and have very low life skills in solving problems, but i dont think they will burn their parents at home over doing the dishes.

3 Likes

Taiwan have more cases of:

Getting threat to death, beat up or even get kill just because you don’t allow a car to make an infraction and enter your line .

Same reason if you claim an infraction or give them a honk.

If you as clerk ask someone to please put their mask or make a line, you get beat or kill.

Theresa lot of example of how this affects the kids in an earlier or adult stage

All these are consequences of Parenting in taiwan.

Parents just focus on work, dont develop attention to their kids. They rely on babysitters. Kids obviously feel the power over a babysitter and thata the circle of their temper and personality

4 Likes

Yea…this is what i try to share in this topic. Bravo!

1 Like

Young people in Taiwan seem pretty well behaved to me. I’ve yet to feel threatened by them.

8 Likes

I get it: Taiwan sucks.

Which countries have less parenting issues and more well-behaved citizens in your opinion?

1 Like

I want to know who Theresa Lot is.

3 Likes

I disagree, violence happens in different contexts in any country. in some country there are more bar fights, and in Taiwan you have more road rage. some countries have school violence and gangs, Taiwan has its own problems, but i dont think the parenting style is the cause.

3 Likes

So many examples of the No True Scotsman fallacy.

This is a discussion on Taiwan and parenting practices. It’s not a discussion on other countries or a comparison of Taiwan and other countries.

I have a girl in my class who exhibits obvious anxiety behaviours including self harm. She is six. Her 8 year old brother is the same. Her 10 year old brother talks of distorting the world and burning the world.

But, no pattern exists.

1 Like

OP suggests that parenting style leads to violence by spoiled kids.
I suggest that this violence is not due to parenting style.
The TW parenting i have witnessed ever since i had kids of my own makes very stressed kids, kids that are less independant, some are entitled, but not violent ones.

2 Likes

Maybe is the anger emotion im having now that made me create this topic…

Right now im at hospital with my baby that need to stay 2 more days.

Next to us we have a 4 yrs old kid, that he ia treating his parents as sht . Always screaming and ordering them: I want this! i dont like this i want that! .

My baby couldn’t sleep well cuz everytime this spoiled kid screams he wakes up. Im tired too.

This kids parents ask him to be quiet, that theres a baby sleeping ( my son ) .

And what this kid replies: 不要不要!你我還要看電視! i dont want! I want to watch tv!

So plus this experience with the sad news of today fire killing whole family due to a dishes dispute.

Thats why i did this topic…maybe is the anger.

3 Likes