And you think YOU had a bad day... (Letter from soldier pal)

I sent a mass email which included some pretty sad pics of life in China. A friend of mine in the American Army got the email as well as others.

Click on pics for full size.

The old man in this pic had his bike broken by the police for selling things without a “permit”.

This pic is self explanatory. Just trying to get the bike up a hill.

He asked what the pics were of…and I sent him some explanations and he sent me the following reply:

Kinda crazy, eh?

[quote=“Mordeth”] (please refer to the OP for refrence - chou)

Kinda crazy, eh?[/quote]

Yeah, that’s why its important to accentuate the positive in life. To find a sane counter weight to the unsettleing crazy stone. Or, from deep in philosophy and the words of Socrates (?), “The unexamined life is not worth living”. A little bit of reflection on a lazy sunday…thanks Mordeth you just helped me find a bit more balance.

Chou

Ditto here.

[quote=“Mordeth”][quote]
lol damn man im already depressed enough over here. lol yesterday I saw a cops face blown apart in a drive-by, civilians blown apart by my buddies gernade launcher, and a donkey cut in half by a stryker. so how fair you? comp ok?
[/quote]

Kinda crazy, eh?[/quote]

Saw enough of that shit in Rwanda and Burundi. I don’t envy you buddies current plight at all…

Like my gran used to say, “No matter how bad you think you’ve got it. There’s always someone else worse off than you…” :grandpa:

What’s he doing in China if he’s in the US army?

Pretty nasty pictures. On;y two weeks ago there was a news story about a whole lot of villagers being wiped out by police becaus ethey were demonstrating about the construction of a new powerplant on their village.

Of course we don’t know the whole story because of the censorship surrounding everything that comes out of the country.

[quote=“Dangermouse”]What’s he doing in China if he’s in the US army?

Pretty nasty pictures. On;y two weeks ago there was a news story about a whole lot of villagers being wiped out by police becaus ethey were demonstrating about the construction of a new powerplant on their village.

Of course we don’t know the whole story because of the censorship surrounding everything that comes out of the country.[/quote]

My buddy is in the Middle East…or something like that. The pics I sent to him. He’s never been to China.

The police killing the demonstrators…this was in China? Any links?