Andrew Lloyd Webber

Off-topic: Um, Andrew Lloyd Webber was sued by Pink Floyd for ripping off parts of their music.

Not surprising. ALW can’t block out what he heard before he began his ludicrous policy of no-influence. It’s just that now he’s more likely to forget when those little jingles he’s hearing have actualy have come from someone else.

Roger Waters took a big poke at ALW in his song “it’s a miracle”. He hates him alot.

“There are people who don’t have the talent for writing music but do it successfully. Andrew Lloyd Webber, for example, doesn’t have any talent that I can see. (I wouldn’t say this if he were an American.) He keeps doing it and he’s enormously successful. I can’t hear one note in Cats that would indicate he has any talent. And that Requiem Mass of his is the wimpiest, limpest thing I’ve ever heard. So you can gather I really don’t like the guy’s stuff. I assume he doesn’t like my stuff, either. It’s OK with me.” --Randy Newman :laughing:

Gee, that is unusual - usually he only rips off people who can’t sue, like Puccini :unamused: He hasn’t done anything memorable IMO since Tim Rice stopped writing brilliant lyrics for him (Joseph, Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita). For the good stuff, see Sondheim :slight_smile:

Dangerous quote, cranky, considering how I feel about Newman :laughing:

Um, he was knighted. Shouldn’t this thread be called ‘SIR’ Andrew…?

Leave me out of this. Weber’s a talentless prick.

[quote]Leave me out of this. Weber’s a talentless prick.
[/quote]

Oh, come on! His work forms the basis of modern sociology.

Brian

[quote=“Bu Lai En”][quote]Leave me out of this. Weber’s a talentless prick.
[/quote]

Oh, come on! His work forms the basis of modern sociology.
[/quote]

And he does a mean BBQ on the side :smiley: