I need an Android phone fairly soon, trying to figure out the right phone deal here. This article has partial specs on about two dozen Android phones released or announced. techcrunch.com/2009/10/19/an … roid-best/ As we know of course, just because something is made in Taiwan doesn’t mean its sold here. Anyway here are some phones and prices I’ve found, would appreciate any additions or corrections.
I need to talk to ChungHua Telecom. Do they have storefronts? They have the HTC Hero. I think the HTC Magic is also sold here. There are many more phones that may show up here in January or later.
Wow are there really only 3 Android phones sold in Taiwan so far? Here’s what I see are the plus and minus.
- big screen
- HTC says it will run android 2.0
- not the fastest processor
- mediocre camera
cash price about $20000
- very low resolution screen
- on the thick side
- holds MRT card behind the battery slot
- resistance touch screen = no multitouch
- no word on android 2.0, maybe not possible since no multitouch
- same mediocre camera as HTC Hero
cash price about $12000
Taiwan DaGeDa = free with $1100/mo voice+data plan (30 month contract, pay 1 year up front)
Samsung Galaxy i7500
- best screen of the bunch (AMOLED)
- best camera of the bunch
- Samsung has made no commitment to Android 2.0 for it
cash price about $18000
Taiwan DaGeDa = free with $1398/mo voice+data plan (30 month contract, pay 1 year up front)
Well, that’s what I know. Correct me or, maybe we could add phones that are supposed to show up. Or more pricing info.