Animal Abuse and an Honest Kid Almost Got Daddy Knocked on the Head

What would you do… Really…
Left hot pot restaurant in our village and proceded to our scooter parked next to a betel-nut stand. Chained to the stand was a cut large size puppy of the black dog breed you see here in Taiwan. I don’t know much about dogs sorry.
A customer of the stand/or a friend of the owner… I don’t know, spat betel nut juice on the dog and knocked it on the head. This customer is the typical A-hole, strong guy in a sleeveless T-shirt and shaved head.

I told my two daughters to “don’t look let’s get out of here”. The youngest girl (4), bless her heart, did not hear me or listen. She started calling this guy “stinky poopy head” in Taiwanese.
We were not too close but she would say something… He would go “Huh” and my daughter said something else. My eldest said that the guy probably did not hear her clearly. But I believe that “Huh” had a kind of "chip on your shoulder thing. I just got the H out of there. I live in this village.

What would you do? Anyone want GPS coordinates of the place to rescue the puppy? TTYL.
PS: This is a town where I’ve seen more than a few people over ten years on the floor from a fight. I don’t think they would hit a girl though.

Sometimes it takes an innocent child to tell a stinky poopy head the truth about what a stinky poopy head he is, and there isn’t a damn thing he can do about it. He couldn’t do anything to you: you didn’t say it. He couldn’t do anything to her: she’s a little kid. Win win! :thumbsup:

(Hope she didn’t actually say “My daddy thinks you’re a stinky poopy head”!)

You don’t understand bully/gangster mentality.

You don’t understand bully/gangster mentality.[/quote]

Right, I agree with you. Just count the number of cases described on the forum where a foreigner or family member was nearly hit by this type of person driving a truck or car. The hubby would turn around to yell or give a dirty look only to be greeted by the driver sitting in his car holding a lead pipe. The best bet unfortunately in this situation was to get the H-out of there.

This puppy is in the center of town. I’m not sure he was “grossly physically” harmed. If the abuse was very bad, hopefully the neighbors would intervene. I guess this will be a case of a potentially loving animal turning into a bitter angry old dog kept on a chain and eventually in a cage.

You don’t understand bully/gangster mentality.[/quote]

does anybody understand gangster mentality?

Daddy seems to lack so many balls he has his daughters mouth off for him.
COULD SHOULD WOULD.
That’s all the OP is asking for.
“By this type of person”
What kind of fuckery is this?

I am  just exactly  thus: "This customer is the typical A-hole, strong guy in a sleeveless T-shirt and shaved head.", though I must admit  sleeves are my main drag. Otherwise, I fit the bill.
So what? Maybe my values are different, but I sure as fuck know any swine that confronts me with a bat or pipe, better be prepared to one-time it. Otherwise a vicious counter-attack will ensue, which I have taught to my own two kids, to glorious effect.
Bullies, my arse. More bullies are created by surrendering than anything else.
Stand Up For Your Rights.
As No One Else Will.
Copy?

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]Daddy seems to lack so many balls he has his daughters mouth off for him.
COULD SHOULD WOULD.
“By this type of person”
[/quote]
Choose you battles carefully through cost benefit analysis.

1. It’s not my dog getting knocked on the head. Even then, I’d rescue my own dog, get home safely and sue his ass.
  2. I am not physically in shape or coordinated enough to engage in a battle. I’d only fight if human life someone is at stake and I probably would loose.
    You on the other hand are of proper build and I would even bet on you.
  3. I already had my “righteous indignation” of differences between rights and morals here in Taiwan cured years ago. I’ve had some one held back from hitting me due to my “honest mouth”. A good thing too I’d probably get clobbered.
    Back home it was the law suit… I was good at that. Seriously… this was not a battle worth fighting. And no, I’ve never been confronted with a lead pipe. But many others have. Read the posts. Also read the posts of foreigners beaten senseless. I earn my money, take care of my kids, help with the family. Fighting is not part of the requirement. Thank you.

OK, I’ll edit the question… What would you do in this situation. I hope you would run and if you can speak Chinese report the guy. What have you done in similar cases. This happens all over the island.

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]Daddy seems to lack so many balls he has his daughters mouth off for him.
COULD SHOULD WOULD.
“By this type of person”

I am  just exactly  thus: "This customer is the typical A-hole, strong guy in a sleeveless T-shirt and shaved head.", though I must admit  sleeves are my main drag. Otherwise, I fit the bill.
So what? Maybe my values are different, but I sure as fuck know any swine that confronts me with a bat or pipe, better be prepared to one-time it. Otherwise a vicious counter-attack will ensue, which I have taught to my own two kids, to glorious effect.
Bullies, my arse. More bullies are created by surrendering than anything else.
Stand Up For Your Rights.
As No One Else Will.
Copy?[/quote]

alright! another asshole with my same thought process, I always liked the long sleeves myself. that way when you have to go to the ground you don't get all scratched up. LV Metro pd. 7 years. I won't back down to no man.

I think the best response would be to show everyone around the situation (the shop owner, the puppy, the other customers, and your family) that the way the puppy is being treated is wrong. You could do by kneeling down and visiting for a minute with the puppy to see if he is okay. If he had betel nut juice on him, wipe it off with a napkin and show the puppy that some humans are kind and friendly. Stop back by later and check on the puppy. That also shows the shop owner that the dog requires care and attention and should be protected from his “friends”. Your daughter would also see that daddy is one of the “real men are kind to animals” daddy!

that would set an awesome example, unfortunately it would more than likely need to be set by force. or threat of. like the time we responded to a dog (a pitbull) that had been left in the 110 degree heat with no water for three days because the dog pissed in the house. the owner claimed it to be his dog, and he could do what ever he dam well pleased, even if it ment killing the dam thing. of course the wana be gangster said it quite differently. However the owner was forced to relinquish the dog.

[quote=“Taiwan_Student”]
Choose you battles carefully through cost benefit analysis. [/quote]
I agree entirely. I probably put too much emphasis earlier on my own asshole response to basic everyday evil. You were right to protect the younglings from same.
I would have taken the kids back home, and later either had some words with the owner of the establishment, and/or waited for the fiend to show up again., and if not free the dog.

All this said, I guess some chaps are not built for command in this strange taiwan kultur. I can appreciate that, even my own son had initial problems dealing with confrontation. It should be added that posing is inherent in this kultur, and as such a strong willed projection can oft win the day. Stance, eye contact, a subtle grimace, showing no fear except for a certain relish, and a penetrating vocalization are all key to such. I can’t tell you how many times such same has saved me from a few carloads ready to beat my skull into the ground.
Hunter S. Thompson said it best: “Take no guff from these swine.”
Keep the kids at home. Show them the same but on a smaller model.
Let no child have their lunch money stolen, or bullied unto same.
Selah.

Keep on rockin’ in the free world!

[quote=“TheGingerMan”][quote=“Taiwan_Student”]
Choose you battles carefully through cost benefit analysis. [/quote]
I agree entirely. I probably put too much emphasis earlier on my own asshole response to basic everyday evil. You were right to protect the younglings from same.
I would have taken the kids back home, and later either had some words with the owner of the establishment, and/or waited for the fiend to show up again., and if not free the dog.

All this said, I guess some chaps are not built for command in this strange taiwan kultur. I can appreciate that, even my own son had initial problems dealing with confrontation. It should be added that posing is inherent in this kultur, and as such a strong willed projection can oft win the day. Stance, eye contact, a subtle grimace, showing no fear except for a certain relish, and a penetrating vocalization are all key to such. I can’t tell you how many times such same has saved me from a few carloads ready to beat my skull into the ground.
Hunter S. Thompson said it best: “Take no guff from these swine.”
Keep the kids at home. Show them the same but on a smaller model.
Let no child have their lunch money stolen, or bullied unto same.
Selah.

Keep on rockin’ in the free world![/quote]

well put.
the appearance of how you project your self, your body language says a lot to others. there are a lot of teachers here so ill put in like this. if you enter a class room full of kids bumbling and unsure, crackling voice that can’t be heard. how many kids are going to pay attention? but enter sure and knowing, talk loud and clear. full of self confidence. think you’ll get better attention?
it is the same in the street.
on of my few Irish friends exploited the value of a well placed FUCK OFF! with a crazed look when he said it, would curl you out of any ill intent. but he had practiced it to perfection. as far as i know this guy had never been in a fight. when he would say it, you would think he was one of them crazy Irish. he looked like he could take on the neighborhood.
Fear management begins with knowing that not all Chinese are Bruce Lee with some secret kung fu style. and from what I have seen here and on the mainland, most cant walk and chew gum at the same time. or is it drive and chew gum at the same time?

May allah bless the Irish. They’ve got the same Viking blood as much of our fine fighting races that the effete english used to win all their battles.
Stand Tall, with Fixed Bayonets.
That is the standing order of the day.

I like what I hear when it comes to fighting. But you don’t piss in your own small town. We were not actually at that spot. Had enough trouble rehabilitation my image of the crazy foreigner who minded being cut off while driving a scooter and picking fights. That was years ago.

Like I said. I report. I don’t fight. Doesn’t mean I don’t get my hands dirty. Help tons of Grandmas and Grandpas get their scooters out of tightly packed places, drove my bicycle right into an intersection to head off a small toddler riding his kiddie bike in the middle of the road. Locals were just riding around him.
Thank goodness the light turned red and I was able to flag a local woman to help. Basically I was stuck in the road, my two year old son on a bike seat, the toddler starred at me, I tried to communicate with him but he was not talking. The local woman came. I excused myself. From my parting glance back, I think she had the same communication problem that I did. I trust the kid’s home was found.

Let’s see… also some crazy woman was having a picnic in the middle of a lane of a pretty busy bridge. We were about to intervene until we noticed that she was a bit crazy. I fearlessly drove my overloaded motorcycle to police station and had one of the kids report it. The officer radioed for help and we were let to go on our merry way. These are just some the things an average person does and should do.

… Let’s see… at the time of the dog incident, I had one kid in the hospital (one parent must stay in the hospital, don’t you know). Wife and I running ourselves ragged keeping our jobs, managing our kids… I don’t think it would of gone down well in the family if the dad picked a fight over a dog. BTW… it was the owners dog I think. It has not been around since that day. Maybe some friend spoke up. We were at that hotpot restaurant because there was no food to put on our table… no time to prepare.