Animals Seeking Homes

Here are the pictures of this energetic young boy:

He was just so excited to see us and eager to come out of the cage, that we couldn’t hold him still or calm him down!!! This guy really likes people, when we took him for a walk, he was just like a little baby who’s firxt exploring the world. He goes to people, smells grass and flowers, it’s really cool!! :rainbow:

This guy is absolutely beautiful and incredibly friendly.

He’ll make a wonderful, grateful pet for somebody.

Right now, he’s living in a cage in our Bali facility, but it’s not the best place in the world for a dog; he needs a loving home.

Call me now if you’d like to meet this guy.

Thank you!

Sean

If you want, take more flattering pictures of him and I’ll post them on Chinese adoption sites. Since he looks like a purebred husky, he should be snatched up right away.

It’ll take a bit of time to weed through all the responses to find an appropriate home though.

May I ask where you found him?

I’ve noticed several fliers for missing Huskies in both the Neihu area and the Nanjing East Rd. area, where I used to live … but that doesn’t seem to be where you found him, since you say he’s up in Bali right now. However, it seems to be a rather common trait of this breed… that they run away, or as a random commentor said to me as she saw me staring at the “LOST PET” posters, they’re stolen (?!).

It’d take a little more legwork, but please check pet store windows before sending this Huskie off for adoption. A happy reunion with its previous owners would be preferable to giving her a completely new home, I think.

Very good points, menghsindy.

We discussed this over the weekend, as we need to vaccinate and spay/neuter dogs befoe they can go to our shelter. If not, the only place they can go is the Neihu dog pound. :frowning: When we have better resources, we can do that.

For now, do you know of any local Web sites where we can check/post for lost/found dogs?

Thanks so much for your offer of help on the other thread - I’ll contact you later to see how we can do that - must walk my dogs now!

Cheers,

Sean

I checked on all the major websites with dog-lost ads already, and there were no missing dogs of this description. Most of the huskies lost were of black/white colouring. The one that was lost and was brown/white had different facial markings.

Thank you, lupillus. You’re always so helpful. :wink: :notworthy:

Maybe interested. Does it fetch sticks or is it useless?

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to imply that you guys hadn’t already done the legwork… :slight_smile: I’m just baffled as to how a purebred chocolate/copper husky, a coloring that does seem more distinctive and eye-catching than the usual black/white mix, could go missing without its owner noticing!

Just out of curiosity, lupillus, what are some of these lost dog websites you know of? I googled in Chinese and poked around a bit, but other than sites like www.pethouse.com.tw, pets.yam.com, the ads don’t seem to be updated frequently or they’re otherwise hard to navigate. And no, I didn’t see any missing chocolate huskies, either.

I don’t know much about finding pets through online services, but I was thinking that if that husky isn’t chipped, it makes it that much harder for online pet-searching services, like those the government provides, to locate him. So maybe its owners would try to post ads in nearby pet stores.

It’s kind of like looking for an apartment to rent… not everybody goes to Tsui Mama or e-rent.com, when the neighborhood public bulletin board still gets the most traffic.

And if all else fails… yea, there shouldn’t be any trouble finding a home for a popular breed like that.

It’s a very active dog, and very attentive. I haven’t thrown any sticks for it, yet, but I could try.

Do you want to meet the dog, Dangermouse? Try it out for a few days. It seems like a great dog to me, but it doesn’t like being in a cage. The pitiful howls it made when I put it in the crate in my van and then in the cage at the shelter in Bali hit me right where it hurts. When on a leash, it was a fantastic animal, but does need obedience training, as all dogs - especially husky’s - do.

I’ll have some pics of it in a few days, but it really is a beautiful dog.

It is very important that you think about it carefully, though, for your own benefit as well as the dog’s. This this online profiler for starts. If you’re just short of the mark, I beleive it is acceptable, as this kind of dog is not likely to find the perfect home here. :s

Let me know what you think, Dangermouse. I can bring the dog to meet you.

Cheers,

Sean

[quote=“menghsindy”]I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to imply that you guys hadn’t already done the legwork… :slight_smile: I’m just baffled as to how a purebred chocolate/copper husky, a coloring that does seem more distinctive and eye-catching than the usual black/white mix, could go missing without its owner noticing!

Just out of curiosity, lupillus, what are some of these lost dog websites you know of? I googled in Chinese and poked around a bit, but other than sites like www.pethouse.com.tw, pets.yam.com, the ads don’t seem to be updated frequently or they’re otherwise hard to navigate. And no, I didn’t see any missing chocolate huskies, either.

I don’t know much about finding pets through online services, but I was thinking that if that husky isn’t chipped, it makes it that much harder for online pet-searching services, like those the government provides, to locate him. So maybe its owners would try to post ads in nearby pet stores.

It’s kind of like looking for an apartment to rent… not everybody goes to Tsui Mama or e-rent.com, when the neighborhood public bulletin board still gets the most traffic.

And if all else fails… yea, there shouldn’t be any trouble finding a home for a popular breed like that.[/quote]

menghsindy, your advice is much appreciated; tomorrow I’ll go check in the neighbourhood where it was found.

:sunglasses:

It would seem that the Taiwanese prefer the black/white colouring since so many lost ads are of black/white huskies.

If there are no ads up, I have a feeling the dog didn’t just “go missing without the owner noticing”.

Many people who buy dogs here see an adorable puppy in the window and buy on impulse. They do not consider whether they will have enough time to really exercise an active medium(large to Taiwanese)-sized dog. Or even enough time to spend with the dog to make him happy. Many buy puppies without knowing anything about dogs or the discipline dogs need to happily coexist with humans.

As a result, a few months after the purchase, the owner has an unruly, rambuctious dog on his hands that probably ignores all commands. The dog may chew up shoes or furniture after it’s been left home with no exercise and little attention for two weeks straight. So the owner might conclude that the dog is uncontrollable and too troublesome to keep.

And dump the dog. Or attempt to resell the dog to someone else.

There are labrador retrievers, golden retrievers, huskies, and other large, beautiful, active dogs dumped here because of their owners’ idiocy.

The bad habits the dogs have can probably be resolved with a reasonable amount of training, but the sort of stupidity their previous owners display seems to be an incurable plague here.

I think animal groups or shelters could benefit (less dogs on the street later?) from offering free dog-training classes. Of course that would mean people putting in free time/volunteers.
I’m always amazed at how many people walk their dogs here, with the dog running from one side to the other, getting under the person’s feet, running ahead with some poor persoon dragging behind it, etc.
What we need is a few Muriels (Accidental Tourist) to put the fear of god into them.

[quote=“lupillus”]If there are no ads up, I have a feeling the dog didn’t just “go missing without the owner noticing”.

There are labrador retrievers, golden retrievers, huskies, and other large, beautiful, active dogs dumped here because of their owners’ idiocy[/quote]

Well… yes… that’s what I’m afraid of too, but I’d rather not start off with that as my first thought. :frowning: Maybe it’s that cell phone commercial that they’ve been playing on the MRT, where the sad old man is looking all over the city for his lost golden retriever, and he’s finally reunited with his beloved pet – all thanks to the magic of cell phone cameras!

Okay, so maybe I’m just really impressionable and an optimist at heart.

I’m just keeping my fingers crossed that someone IS hoping the poor guy comes home and that he didn’t mean to lose him in the first place… and that if reunited, he or she will seriously consider the benefits of chipping his pet and neutering him, to prevent future incidences of wide-range roaming. We’ll see.

Cripes, do you have a teleporter or something? I feel like half of the posts in this forum are from you saying you’ll be zipping across the county to pick up a stray dog or a cat stuck in a bog and you’ll be there in the next hour! Sheesh! :astonished:

Watch out for The Fly.

Joe the Cocker has been neutered and is now recovering at my home before we take him to the shelter.

I really hope we can find him either a permanent home or a foster home before I have to take him to the shelter. He’s a purebred, and the kind of person who will adopt him will not want to go to a shelter and see him all wet, dusty, and dirty. If you can foster this guy (or adopt him), please contact me as soon as possible.

Joe is healthy except for a mild fungal infection, which he is now being treated for. He is very well behaved in the home and does not mess in the house; he always waits until he is taken outside. His previous owners had his vocal chords or larynx removed, so Joe cannot bark. He is really a very easy boy to look after.

He is quite rambunctious for a few minutes when you first come home, but that just makes you feel missed. :wink: He soon calms down. Joe loves to explore his environment and will spend hours walking around smelling every new smell (and old!).

Please, if you can help us help Joe, get in touch. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Sean

I found him in Xin Dian, close to my apartment complex.

I went to a couple of different vet clinics around xin dian to see if any of the vets know the dog or the owner … but no one did. In fact one of the vets told me that he was just in a few days ago, and he told the person who brought the dog in that he wasn’t willing to treat the dog nor does he want to keep the dog in the clinic. He even told me that I shouldn’t waste my time and that I should just put him back where I’ve found him. I was really stunt!

As I have mentioned earlier, I have a toguo myself and I absolutely love and adore her!!! Her name is Hope and she is the smartest dog I’ve ever had. In just 2 months, she has learned 4 tricks and she is only 4 or 5 months old.

EDIT- The dog is perfect. There are pictures below. I will only give this dog to a “good” home. Dog is trained and very intelligent and obedient. It’s also small and loving. You won’t find a better dog than this on the street…honestly.

There is a new stray in my area. And it would make an awesome pet. It’s small…a little smaller than a Terrier. And very well tempered. It’s a little girl…and she love’s love. I made the “mistake” of petting her a couple of times and now she sleeps outside my garage door…waiting for me. Every time I go to work she chases me for as long as she can. Once, she went into my garage and hid under my car…I had to drag her out by one paw…which couldn’t have been comfortable for her…but she didn’t snap or bite. Since then she hasn’t entered my garage she just lies down nicely just outside of it…and stares at me while the door closes…with her tail wagging. She’s so happy just to be looked at.
I was in the park across the street from my house walking my own dog and she followed me of course. I let her hop up onto my scooter and tried riding around with her and she just sat nicely…so she would be very compatible with most foriegners. Or maybe someone could take my dog…and then I could take this little one (j/k…well kinda).

Let me know…she really is a well behaved little angel. She looks like a terrier…she might even be a breed of some sort.

Edit: There are pictures below. The dog is 100% house trained and NEVER barks while indoors. She weighs 8kg.