AnimalsTaiwan in Taoyuan

I didn’t realize the dog was a pure breed, but come on we all know that some vets over price, and it is rediculous sometimes. I’ve been cheated before by a vet, so i say shop around. If your dog is a pure breed then you aren’t really going to be able to fool the vet. but if you really did save the dog from a life on the street then i say you deserve a discount from a vet.

I say find a vet who you like, feel comfortable with and trust and chat with him. Most of the nice vets you can hash out a reasonable price.
I agree vets have to live too, but come on, some of them just take the piss.

I wasn’t saying we should get things for free.

I agree.

I take my own dog to our vets, and I always tell the vet that they are my own, and he charges me more than usual (but less than for other people).

I was just worrid that we might be jeapordizing the amazingly cheap veterinary care we are granted.

But I agree that some vets just take the pee. Shop around!

Still sick. :frowning:

Sean

i use to met a vet who is really dun care those homeless pet or ur own… he all charge for it
and that animal hospital was the most expensive vet i ever met ! :fume:

0nly for ultrasonic (waves) for little kitten then he charged NTD4900 :raspberry: :raspberry:

One vet used to charge me NT$2,500 for the ultrasound; my current vet charges me NT$300. :unamused:

How much have the vets been charging people in the Taipei/Taoyuan counties to spay or neuter strays? I want to find a vet that will give me a fair price, so I’d like to know the price range of other vets.

[quote]Nankaner wrote:
Proto_tw wrote:
I’d have to lean towards the Catch, Spay/Neuter, release method for the shelter. I know a few groups doing that already along with Straydog in Taipei. It may seem mean to some but as Stray said… to run a true get them off the streets shelter would be insane.

That’s the kind of thing I’m interested in as well.

We need a good/inexpensive vet in the area and a place for the animals to recover afterwards.
We’ll also have to learn how to catch these critters safely so we don’t hurt them.

We also need some dough. I’m not good with a microphone/guitar but I am pretty organized and willing to plan just about any fundraising event you can think of.
[/quote]

I’m in Yingge, close to Taoyuan and would like to help also. I’m not so great with a microphone either OR fundraising…but I’ve had experience catching dogs and like doing that sort of thing…if there’s a good/cheap vet we find, and would be interested in helping out in that area. Or others, where needed…(Stray dog, Taoyuan is a bit closer for me than Taipei…if I can help out there it would be better…)

That’s great new ktz. The more people involved the better. I know we could do a lot of good if we pulled all our resources/manpower/skills together. :smiley:

Sorry all, I’ve been away. It sounds like we are getting a lot of people interested. I’m thinking of arranging a meeting this coming week. Who’s up for a bite and a chat about making some firm plans for the new year?

That sounds good to me. I’m in for sure.
Where is a middle ground we could all meet at? Tai Mall, Metro Walk, Train station?

I’d be up for that as well.

I’m free Monday, Tuesday day, and most nights after 8 save Tuesday. You guys?

I’d like to show my support. Add me to any name listings you’re creating.

How bout we meet at Metro Walk Sunday, Jan 22nd. I beleive Proto will be there with his guitar.

I’ve got a few ideas, but I’m not good with emails, especially if I haven’t met a person face-to-face yet. :laughing:

Hey, that sounds good. I’ll be playing from 2 to 4pm but usually get there around 1 for a bite at Burger King. Teacher Wu and her group always loves to see foreign support and would welcome us. She might also hvae some ideas about how we can proceed and who we can talk to.

See you there.

Proto_tw, many many thanks for helping out yesterday and giving the morning such a cheerful flavour!

Good luck with this meeting guys; looking forward to seeing this grow. :slight_smile:

Take care,

Sean

Thanks Nankaner for coming by… Had a great day. Had 3 dogs adopted. Stray, little Rocky, the pup I found next to my house a few weeks back?? I’m happy to report he is now living comfortably in Seattle… lucky dog…

After this Chinese New Year break Nankaner and I will get together with a few of those people and get the names of the vets in Taoyuan and Neili that support the catch and release.

To all a happy Holiday.

Great news! Good job! :bravo: :slight_smile: :notworthy: