AnimalsTaiwan Rooftop Party, PHOTOS! (p.3)

With cover now for up to 100 people and the bands, this party will be going on come rain or come shine! :sunglasses:

See you all on the roof! :slight_smile:

It looks like the weather is on our side this time. :sunglasses:

Our wonderful host, David, is working hard to get the place ready. If any of you would like to head out there a little earlier (now) to give him a hand, it would be greatly appreciated, and all for a great and worthwhile cause. :slight_smile:

Thank you! See you on the roof!

Sean

[quote=“Stray Dog”]It looks like the weather is on our side this time. :sunglasses:

Our wonderful host, David, is working hard to get the place ready. If any of you would like to head out there a little earlier (now) to give him a hand, it would be greatly appreciated, and all for a great and worthwhile cause. :slight_smile:

Thank you! See you on the roof!

Sean[/quote]
If by “on our side” you mean “clouding over and getting ready to chuck it down” then you’re quite correct in your forecast.

Actually it’ll be much more pleasant if we get a downpour like last night – really cleared the air and brought down the temperature.

I can’t wait!

Wow! What a great party! Perfect number of people (about 100); great characters; fantastic music; beautiful dancers!

It was all going fantastic, until some idiot decided to jump on stage and try to sing along with the Ramblers; the police arrived and complained about the noise, and we had to shut down half an hour early.

Sincere apologies to the musicians who didn’t get to play. :frowning:

But we did leave the crowd wanting more, so stay tuned for the next one (in a different locale).

Many, many thanks to the host and entertainers, and all the volunteers who helped make it such a cool party. :sunglasses: We raised over NT$20,000 for animals in need. :bravo:

Enjoy the pics!

D’ja get 'is name?

BLOODY dog! The shame! :blush:

Just living up to my signature.

was I at the party? Hahaha…oh yeah…doing beer runs…yeah. :stuck_out_tongue:

Good grief! What a party!

HG

A lovely video from the lovely Amanda: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JWw9a2Z_cI

Doing dog howls along with the music was probably a bad idea. Taiwanese people are superstitious about howling dogs - they take it as a sign that someone has died.

The policeman who came to stop the party suggested in future doing it in a public space by the river nearby. He said nobody would be disturbed there. Of course you would have some difficulty controlling entry and tickets.

That was my singing voice. :blush:

We’re looking into doing just that - just across from the Animals Taiwan holding centre. :sunglasses: Glad he said it would be OK. :slight_smile: