Animatrix (Matrix cartoon)

intothematrix.com/

4 free animated episodes of matrixness.

If you like cartoons and the Matrix, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

That is SO COOL that I can’t wait for the whole movie. The people sort of look like they were drawn by Moebius.

Blockbuster has been advertising the release of the DVD for a month for June 3, which is today.
I went to my local one and they didn’t have it. None do. They think maybe tomorrow, they are not sure.
What a total collection of fuckwits! An entire month of promotion to piss people off with a no-show.
I constantly wonder how Taiwan companies can make a single sale in the international market with the total ineptitude that they posses.

I saw it for sale at Sogo today.

Rented it and felt ripped off. I didn’t look at the website, but saw The Last Flight of the Osiris at the Dreamcatcher movie and thought it was really special. So I thought the other ones would be of the same style but they are not. I guess if you like anime, you will like these. It’s like expecting to see Final Fantasy but getting Iron Giant.

Most of the cartoons were made in Tokyo and in one at least, Beyond, the translation to English is very bad. Like a Godzilla movie.

do any of you know how to use mIRC? we should make a channel

… . . … … . . . .
then i could tell you how to get this movie (and many more)
… . . … … … …

:sunglasses:

P.S. I’ve seen the DVD version of The Animatrix, it’s pretty cool, worth a ‘rent’ I’d say

I don’t know where that came from, but I’d be down. As long as I can be an Op and have the power to kick and/or ban people. :sunglasses:

[quote=“Da_Bian”]do any of you know how to use mIRC? we should make a channel then I could tell you how to get this movie (and many more)

P.S. I’ve seen the DVD version of The Animatrix, it’s pretty cool, worth a ‘rent’ I’d say[/quote]

I couldn’t read the original post. The middle text was changed to size 2.

If you thought the whole movie was rendered like Final Fantasy, who were not paying any attention to the promotion or the ads.
By the way, the girl in the first segment…whoa! Who needs reality?

[quote=“Richardm”][quote=“Da_Bian”]do any of you know how to use mIRC? we should make a channel then I could tell you how to get this movie (and many more)

P.S. I’ve seen the DVD version of The Animatrix, it’s pretty cool, worth a ‘rent’ I’d say[/quote]

I couldn’t read the original post. The middle text was changed to size 2.[/quote]

Copy and paste it into a word document and then change the font size.

My Monday’s don’t seem to be as bad as yours, though! :?

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]If you thought the whole movie was rendered like Final Fantasy, who were not paying any attention to the promotion or the ads.
By the way, the girl in the first segment…whoa! Who needs reality?[/quote]

I never saw any promotion or ads. At least none that I could understand. I’m not that upset about it. I just thought I’d put the word out in case there are other uninformed and gullible people like me.

I was a little underwhelmed at the whole thing at first because I’d built it up in my mind too far, but on second viewing, I’d have to say that it is very interesting. “Beyond” has that familiar Japanese animation look and the story is done in such a way to make you think later about it.
And it comes with Japanese voice-overs which for some of us is a real bonus.

Also, the “The Final Flight of the Osiris” makes me think that it is just around the corner when we get the much-speculated upon film with Humphrey Bogart in CG “reality.”

if you have mIRC, then click this link… i guess it’s time Forumosa got their IRC channel started

irc://irc.dynamix.com/forumosa.com

get mIRC here mirc.com

Ooh yeah. I wish for the next movie, they would sack Keanu and just get her. She was gorgeous (and I’ve never said that of an animation/CGI before) :smiley:

Just downloaded the whole DVD for Animatrix, and watched the first disc. It’s worth a watch.
Actually it’s defintiely worth a watch just for that part to see how awesome animated people can get (and to check out the animated woman)

Brian