Annan says Iraq war was illegal

UNITED NATIONS - U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan questioned on Wednesday whether Iraq could hold elections in January if violence persisted and said the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq was illegal because it violated the U.N. Charter.
msnbc.msn.com/id/6016893/

This is Kofi Annan’s opinion (but I share the same belief).

Who cares at all what the leader of the UN says?

Not I. Cableguy?

Perhaps you’d care more about the latest “pessimistic” report on Iraq?

"…At worst, the official said, were

I care plenty about Iraq. I just don’t care what the UN or its leader say about Iraq.

The UN, if it had its way, would neuter the US. The UN is now officially an organization to squeeze as much money and work out of the US. Without the US, the UN would fall apart. Besides, the most of the UN are dictators, despots, totalitarian regimes, and third world countries (and France, Germany, Russia and China) … What do you think their agenda is?

[quote=“cableguy”]UNITED NATIONS - U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan questioned on Wednesday whether Iraq could hold elections in January if violence persisted and said the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq was illegal because it violated the U.N. Charter.
msnbc.msn.com/id/6016893/

This is Kofi Annan’s opinion (but I share the same belief).[/quote]

Yea, why don’t you move to Ghana.

I care plenty about Iraq. I just don’t care what the UN or its leader say about Iraq.[/quote]

When did you start to care about Iraq? When Saddam and his sons bombed the Kurds and the Iranians? When they invaded Kuwait? When Udai terrorrised the Iraqi soccer team?

Perhaps you don’t care about Iraq at all. Perhaps you only care for the soldiers stationed there. I do too, and I wish them the hell out of that quagmire.

But perhaps you only care because you don’t know how to think outside of Rep. party lines?

:boo-hoo:

:boo-hoo:[/quote]

The lyrics to that song goes:

"Tin soldiers and Nixon’s coming
We’re finally on our own
This summer I hear the drumming
Four dead in Ohio

Gotta get down to it
Soldiers are gunning us down
Should have been done long ago
What if you knew her and
Found her dead on the ground
How can you run when you know"

Thanks for the accompaniment

I used the wrong icon. This one is more suitable.

:wanker:

I care plenty about Iraq. I just don’t care what the UN or its leader say about Iraq.[/quote]

When did you start to care about Iraq? When Saddam and his sons bombed the Kurds and the Iranians? When they invaded Kuwait? When Udai terrorrised the Iraqi soccer team?

Perhaps you don’t care about Iraq at all. Perhaps you only care for the soldiers stationed there. I do too, and I wish them the hell out of that quagmire.

But perhaps you only care because you don’t know how to think outside of Rep. party lines?[/quote]

Perhaps you haven’t a clue as to what I think or care about…

Sorry, but I am not too clear on what the events that took place at Kent State have to do with what is happening now in Iraq.

If Sudan’s energy flow to the outside was threatened by this genocide, would it surprise you that the U.S. would be the first one to trumpet a humanitarian mission?

The US is a bit preoccupied at the moment. However, the US has been trying to encourage humanitarian efforts on the part of that wonderfully effective organization… none other than the UN. What the fuck is the UN for anyway?

JB:

Heavens. Since you moved to California, you have become a downright mindless minion of the Left.

Again to Wookie and others of the ilk that do not recognize any foreign policy goals if they somehow differ from time to time and country to country. We do not have to act with perfect consistency each and every time just to satisfy people like you. The risks of invading and occupying Iraq were well known to every administration including the first Bush one. This time, however, post 911, the variables were considered so different that given the time and circumstances, this one was worth the gamble despite all the risks still being there. We are currently facing those same risks now, but Saddam and sons are no longer in power and the wmd question is answered once and for all. What did the UN contribute to this effort? Merely the starvation of 1 million women and children from the time the sanctions were in place (Saddam says 1.5 million but who believes him) to enrich the French, Russian ambassadors and Kofi Annan himself. Sheesh! Who gives a shit what this corrupt functionaire says? AND with all the difficulties and risks of civil war, what the hell? There have been civil wars repeatedly in Iraq under Saddam? What do you call his fight against the Kurds? What do you call his decimation of the Marsh Arabs? What do you call his crackdown on the Shias (500,000 dead)? What do you call his police state that killed hundreds of thousands more just to remain in power? These problems did not suddenly materialize just because the US showed up on the scene AND we were aware of the risks. How could we not have been when all the first Bush administration’s leadership were part of Bush II? BUT since 911, these were trumped and we decided that Saddam had to go. The region is much more peaceful and stable and Iraq has a chance. A chance that it never had before under Saddam. There are problems but again, the Cassandras that are popping up everywhere to sing gloom and doom. Hah! Partial truths that have been hashed into desperate dire outcomes to perhaps (oh no say it is not so?) influence this election which is only two months (less) away? Could be?

Kofi Annan should be kept in a cage on a stage in Las Vegas.

I’d vote to make that a “legal” requirement. Shall we start a petition Blueface? When’s your next trip to Taipei?

freddy

Fred, you believe in reincarnation? :astonished:

IMO, the situation in Iraq needs to be ready to boil out of control. If Bush looks like he’s slipping, they’ll need some more death and destruction to prop up his ratings.

Not reincarnation per se but I do believe that the energy of one’s life form lives on and cannot be removed from the totality that is the universe. So who knows how that energy comes back. While you could come back as a sunbeam, I would rather picture you as lightning in one hell of a thunderstorm. Please rain only about the wicked: Hollywood and Malibu if you don’t mind.