Another advertizing gem

i wonder what the head office has to say on this piece of non-sense :unamused:

Well, that’s actually been a very effective advertisement campaign. So, I suppose the folks at HQ are very pleased.

Well, it’s slightly better than the previous version: “Stay away from greasy food will keep you fit.” And why oh why print a list of locations in an English language newspaper in Chinese? Sigh. I could go on and on, but… Hopefully things will get better.

I had assumed he was referring to the interesting grammar and punctuation.

The “Jared” adverts ran for, and may still be running, several years in the US. Even spawned off-takes with “Be Like Jared” groups of dieters doing their testimonials.

Quite a successful ad campaign for Subway.

so you guys are saying this Jared dude is for real,and he lost 100Kg in 1 year,by making subway a “part” of his lifestyle…?

i’m lost for words

[quote=“dablindfrog”]so you guys are saying this Jared dude is for real,and he lost 100Kg in 1 year,by making subway a “part” of his lifestyle…?

i’m lost for words[/quote]
You’re not an American and you eat food that isn’t mostly prefaced with a Mc-something or “supersized.” You wouldn’t understand. :laughing: :wink:

Come on, dablindfrog, the first thing that came to my mind when reading your “hearing AIDS” signature was South Park’s “Jared has Aides” episode. :laughing:

Yeah, Jared is very much for real. He even has a new book out.

As for giving addresses in Chinese, anyone taking a cab or asking a local would need the Chinese.

trying to imagine the doomsday scenario whereby one would TAKE A CAB to a Subway! (I’d be singing ‘Ave Maria’ as the meter beeped on…) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think this ad is aimed at the North American ex-pats who are well familiar with this Jared character. The fine print in all the commercials is that Jared skips the cheese and mayo in all his subs. It’s easier (and cheaper) to just copy existing ad material than to create new ones.

At least they didn’t try to translate the ad campaign into Chinese. I can just imagine the locals thinking, “Yeah, I can sure relate to being 100kg overweight!”

Here in Canada, many of the commercials on Chinese TV channels are dubbed or runs along the same theme as the English commercials. The problem with this is that catchy English slogans with double meanings often get lost and mangled in translation and makes the whole commericial just completely inane. I wonder what the Chinese Subway ad looks like.

well i don’t do southpark,so i wouda never known :wink:

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“dablindfrog”]so you guys are saying this Jared dude is for real,and he lost 100Kg in 1 year,by making subway a “part” of his lifestyle…?

i’m lost for words[/quote]
You’re not an American and you eat food that isn’t mostly prefaced with a Mc-something or “supersized.” You wouldn’t understand. :laughing: :wink:[/quote]

you’ve got a point there…

but when i said i’m lost for words,it’s naught to do with the “authenticity” of the story.
i’m just puzzled that making an ad like this would get peoples to think about subway as a healthy option.

you’re right anyway,if i was 600Lbs that might-just…might-sound appealing… :loco:

I looked at the calorie chart in a Subway recently, and a 12" Sub with all the bits was like the same (or maybe more) calories than a BIG MAC! Will we see McDonalds with their version of Jared sometime soon?

Note this is not a dig at Subway owners, all food options are fine as part of a balanced diet, but the advert is not angled that way.

Then again, I can make a 12" sub last for 2 meals. If I could stomach a Big Mac, I think it would only be 1 meal.

JMcNeill go and post in the th how to love cheaply thread please. I need a 12" plus cookies and a drink to even start feeling full. :laughing:

the worst burger (calorie wise) is the Double Bacon Cheese Burger deluxe as per Burger King

Don’t buy her a birthday gift!

Yuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmm!!!