Another big nose busted for growing weed

Red envelopes. BIG red envelopes…

Don’t know, but a foreigner did get arrested for allegedly being drunk and disorderly at the flag-raising ceremony by the presidential palace. English if I could place his accent from shouting “why am I being arrested.”

That’s how they say ‘How do you do?’ over there :slight_smile:

Play the game, pay the price…

I’m sorry to be critical, but what is the point of quoting that whole spiel by HH, and then adding a little cliche one-liner at the end? This is what drives me crazy about Forumosa. There are so many people with little to contribute and just want to have a pissing contest.

Then valuable/interesting threads like this one get way too long and lose their value. Who wants to paw thru 15+ pages of yellow snow?

[color=#008000]Mods agree.

Stop betraying your laziness by blanket-quoting the whole post when an identifying word will do. We can all scroll up to see the original post if we need to.

Thank you. Carry on.[/color]

[quote=“dearpeter”]I’m sorry to be critical, but what is the point of quoting that whole spiel by HH, and then adding a little cliche one-liner at the end? This is what drives me crazy about Forumosa. There are so many people with little to contribute and just want to have a pissing contest.

Then valuable/interesting threads like this one get way too long and lose their value. Who wants to paw thru 15+ pages of yellow snow?[/quote]

Half the fun is watching people bitch and make snarky comments at each other :laughing:

I don’t see how a thread about somebody getting busted for growing weed has any real educational value. We all know it’s illegal in TW, we all know the cops will bust your ass and make a big deal of it if they catch wind; what exactly is there to be learnt from this thread?

It’s really just for voyeurs who enjoy the nosy details that can’t be gleaned from the news.

Here is some important information highly relevant to this topic from the U.S. Government:

[color=#008000](brownie recipe link removed. WTF?)[/color]

Don’t be a fool. Bake carefully.

[quote=“dearpeter”]Here is some important information highly relevant to this topic from the U.S. Government:

[color=#008000](brownie recipe link removed)[/color]

Don’t be a fool. Bake carefully.[/quote]
In Taiwan most police precincts have a beagle on duty. It will take no greater pleasure in finding a hash biscuit. :no-no:
Hey folks indulge away but if I was you just quit the habit until you return home. Yah its an overly strict law but that is the way it is. Can you imagine being in a cold cell right now? It must be freezing in jail at this time of year. Not nice hearing all the fireworks going off and everyone having a good time while you are sitting on cold concrete. Yah the high of Cannabis is nice but if you look at the risk versus benefit ratio of smoking then the high really sucks. One last thing if you are really psychologically addicted and have to do it then don’t upset the neighbours or smoke in public as more and more people are really aware of Cannabis in Taiwan. Young kinds travel these days to places like America and England bringing these habits back with them. A lot of people in Taiwan now know what it smells like and what it looks like so don’t assume they do not. My advice is don’t do Cannabis in Taiwan but if you do then be very very discrete. Hash biscuits are no doubt more discrete than smoking due to having no scent but if I was you still don’t do it as Mr Beagle is waiting to go to work!

Once again, a thread about people busted for smoking dope in Taiwan, a serious offence under Taiwanese law and one for which there is no legal defence or justification, becomes mired in another polarised debate between the two main camps, for and against dope smoking. I am locking the thread as it is going nowhere of interest to most of us.

If you want to smoke pot in Taiwan, then you do so at your own risk. If you want to grow dope in Taiwan, then you’re even more foolish. Seriously now, this forum is not the place to discuss such, nor the place to discuss ways to beat the system. Until the system itself changes, you’ll just have to cop it sweet.

If you simply must continue to argue the pros and cons of smoking cannabis, dope, pot, weed, marijuana, grass, or whatever you will, start a new thread in the Open forum, please.

“Separately, Kaohsiung police last week reported seizing a variety of marijuana products at the home of a 63-year-old US citizen, an English teacher identified only by the surname Cox.”

TT

what a Dick huh? (oh sorry i thought you said Cock…uh NVM)

He Coxed up big time. Happy Pizza was a crowd pleaser.

63! Sheesh, happy retirement.

If you’re teaching ESL at 63, you probably have no retirement plans anyway. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Maybe that is his retirement plan.

The weed or the ESL?

Uhm. The ESL. The weed was his enterprise. The get rich scheme to get the ferarri.

I’m trying to picture a 63-year-old English teacher parking his Ferrari in front of the bushiban. :grin:

Perhaps not, but it’s a marked improvement on sitting in a cell in a southern Taiwan jail

Apples and oranges.

1 Like