Another case of divorce, advice most welcomed!

[quote=“Maoman”][quote=“Liz_Taipei”]However, yep, getting married a year after signing divorce papers is a bit early, but heck, we both thought we had fertility issues (based from our previous relationship), and turned out WE don’t and THEY (both exes) do… So no matter how many gallons of ‘baby soup’ (a Chinese medicine concoction she was happy to feed me every time I went there) the ex’s mom would have fed me, it would probably not have worked out. She should instead try some on her son, he needs it!

So our little surprise kind of forced us to speed the process, but we both wanted a child for years, so there you go![/quote]
Hey, that’s awesome! Congratulations for finding your Mr. Right, and for the pregnancy! I’m very happy for you, and I suspect so are most of the others reading this post. :slight_smile: :bravo:[/quote]

I second that. I have no idea what GBH’s nasty, mean-spirited post. He’s usually a gentleman. Liz, you handled it like a mature person. Best of luck to you.

Et tu, Brute?

Nasty and mean-spirited? Would that be anything like…

[quote]And I just got an email last week from him… He asked me to join him on a trip to Xinjiang because he misses me…

There must have been something in the water in the area he was born and raised![/quote]

Look, I’m not writing his hagiography, but I do feel sorry for him. I have no idea who he is, and I have never read his blog. All I know about him is what the OP has stated. And it is apparent that he loves her and had expected to be with her forever. It’s pathetic that he’s still reaching out to her when she’s obviously hitched up with someone else, but her callous response makes her come across as cold-hearted and shallow.

This is what you consider a mature response, Tomas?

And Liz, if I was a bad marriage, don’t you think I would be more sympathetic to your cause? In fact, I have been happily married for 7 years.