Another closeted religious queen outted

Well, yeah. But, for years the Dead made no money on their music. All their success came at the latter half of their trip.

What I meant was that the Dead never tried to sell me on any particular belief or way of life. In that way, I think there was/is an obvious difference between the traveling Dead shows and these snake oil preachers.[/quote]

Sure, of course. But it’s snot like a lot of people following the Dead didn’t take it upon themselves to preach: the veggies, the vegans, the antiwar crowd in particular. Seems to me they were just making money hawking bumper stickers.

Me? One in ten thousand. :wink:

Go to the show. Park. Walk around and see the freaks. Buy some cool nick knacks and food. Meet some strangers. Go on inside the show. Find your seats. Talk the the folks around, about where youve been and what youve seen. Then the lights go down and some guy is talking about god, some folks starting singing, and people start interacting with the show. Sounds like a hoot in my book.

I’d love to go to an honest ta god old timer revival meeting!

I’m just glad the Dead didnt show up at my doorstep, asking for more moeny after the show was over. lol

But Dead TV on Sunday? Hell yeah! :sunglasses:

[quote=“jdsmith”]Sure, of course. But it’s snot like a lot of people following the Dead didn’t take it upon themselves to preach: the veggies, the vegans, the antiwar crowd in particular. Seems to me they were just making money hawking bumper stickers.

Go to the show. Park. Walk around and see the freaks. Buy some cool nick knacks and food. Meet some strangers. Go on inside the show. Find your seats. Talk the the folks around, about where youve been and what youve seen. Then the lights go down and some guy is talking about god, some folks starting singing, and people start interacting with the show. Sounds like a hoot in my book.

I’m just glad the Dead didnt show up at my doorstep, asking for more moeny after the show was over. lol

But Dead TV on Sunday? Hell yeah! :sunglasses:[/quote]

Haha! Hey Now!

Why can’t these bastards keep it in their pants? There seems to be enough loons willing to part with their loot without rubbing your believers noses in it. Surely you’d amass your wealth, then bail out and go live the fetid lifestyle of your dreams. However, I suspect these psychopaths actually get off on the fraud committed against their believers.

It certanly is a good case for trying to limit their political influence.

HG

Since when is hypocrisy a deterent to polictical involvement? :laughing:

[quote=“Tigerman”][quote=“jdsmith”]Sure, of course. But it’s snot like a lot of people following the Dead didn’t take it upon themselves to preach: the veggies, the vegans, the antiwar crowd in particular. Seems to me they were just making money hawking bumper stickers.

Haha! Hey Now![/quote]

I know this is :offtopic: but I heard some funny muzak in a mall in HKG yesterday…and for the life of me I couldn’t figure out what it was…then I realzied they were playing muzak the Dead. :noway: If only they knew the messages they were subliminally sending into thier kids fragile little minds. :laughing:

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Why can’t these bastards keep it in their pants? There seems to be enough loons willing to part with their loot without rubbing your believers noses in it. Surely you’d amass your wealth, then bail out and go live the fetid lifestyle of your dreams. However, I suspect these psychopaths actually get off on the fraud committed against their believers.

It certanly is a good case for trying to limit their political influence.

HG[/quote]

What you will repress will express as the saying goes. They can’t keep it in their pants isn’t anymore of their fault as a two 15 year olds hopping in the sack. Sexuality has no place in the religious sector because their is no sacredness for sexuality there. The entire concept of a person’s relationship to being a sexual being ends once they find out about the 'Original Sin" concept.

[quote]Watching these guys up close actually reminds me of the Grateful Dead and the Deadheads. It’s a following kinda thing. I wonder what kind of hardcore “fans” follow them around the country selling grilled cheese sandwiches. How many godheads are out there?

Every evangelical service is the same, but different. If you ask me if I “believed” in the Dead, I wouldn’t know what you were talking about. Maybe these folks are into the same kinda thing here…it’s all about the show, not necessarily a “belief” in what the show presents.[/quote]

Perhaps you should go to one and check it out. It’s not just about what the show present, its a mass of people joining together to celebrate The Spirit, in this case -Jesus and God. Quite often people speak in tongues and receive divine guidance from these shows. Those who don’t probably find comfort in the fact they are celebrating and partaking in something that gives fullness to their lives, like the Deadheads.

Being a man of the cloth isn’t easy anyway. If you aren’t having to contend with your own sexuality then you will definitely have to contend with those in your congregation with their sexuality.

[quote=“Elegua”][quote=“Tigerman”][quote=“jdsmith”]Sure, of course. But it’s snot like a lot of people following the Dead didn’t take it upon themselves to preach: the veggies, the vegans, the antiwar crowd in particular. Seems to me they were just making money hawking bumper stickers.

Haha! Hey Now![/quote]

I know this is :offtopic: but I heard some funny muzak in a mall in HKG yesterday…and for the life of me I couldn’t figure out what it was…then I realzied they were playing muzak the Dead. :noway: If only they knew the messages they were subliminally sending into thier kids fragile little minds. :laughing:[/quote]

I’ve never heard a dead song that was a bad influence. lol

Oddly enough, on the number three highway in Chayi, a guy sat next to me wearing a “Twenty years so far” dead Tshirt!

I was tempted to ask him if he knew what he was wearing but chickened out.

[quote=“jdsmith”]
I’ve never heard a dead song that was a bad influence. :laughing:[/quote]

Same with a good ole revival song. Start with “Oh Happy Day”…

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“Elegua”][quote=“Tigerman”][quote=“jdsmith”]Sure, of course. But it’s snot like a lot of people following the Dead didn’t take it upon themselves to preach: the veggies, the vegans, the antiwar crowd in particular. Seems to me they were just making money hawking bumper stickers.

Haha! Hey Now![/quote]

I know this is :offtopic: but I heard some funny muzak in a mall in HKG yesterday…and for the life of me I couldn’t figure out what it was…then I realzied they were playing muzak the Dead. :noway: If only they knew the messages they were subliminally sending into thier kids fragile little minds. :laughing:[/quote]

I’ve never heard a dead song that was a bad influence. lol

Oddly enough, on the number three highway in Chayi, a guy sat next to me wearing a “Twenty years so far” dead Tshirt!

I was tempted to ask him if he knew what he was wearing but chickened out.[/quote]

you should have… :laughing:

I’ve got no problem…I was just thinking about the HK housewife who just picked her children up from 4 kinds of tutoring and musical instrument lessons on a Sat. Wonder what she should think… if she knew…

" I got my man whore coming over . . oh happy day.
He’s carrying my meth, in his hot, hot shorts - oh happy day.
I’ll be paying for both with the loot from my parish - oh happy day."

I get the picture. :laughing:

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]" I got my man whore coming over . . oh happy day.
He’s carrying my meth, in his hot, hot shorts - oh happy day.
I’ll be paying for both with the loot from my parish - oh happy day."

I get the picture. :laughing:

HG[/quote]

Jesus was never one to out and out define what real happiness was anyone. He just said to love thy fellowman as you would love yourself.

Sincerely

A GodHead :laughing:

I couldn’t agree more. I liked the music. The scene was ok, and I didn’t really care that garcia was a crappy father and husband, or that Weir was on the bangbus long beofre it hit the internet.

People doing what they do, without hurting anybody, and having fun and leavng happy. Cant argue with that.

When you get confused, listen to the music play.

Back on topic, I don’t think this closet gay hypocrit preacher will much effect the way his followers worship. Most of it is day to day and is easiy replaced on another channel.

I think that is why a lot of these guys are sincere when they talk about homosexuality in general, and gay marriage in particular, as a threat to heterosexual society-
because it’s a threat to their own marriage and their own sexuality.

If you’re straight, the thought of two gays together should give rise to nothing more than a shrug. If you have inclinations to homosexuality but believe that it’s a horrible sin, it’s going to become an obsession.
From that same Atlantic article

.[quote] The life of the gay man, in the evangelical imagination, seems to be an endless succession of orgasms, interrupted only by jocular episodes of male bonhomie. The gay man promises Christian men a guilt-free existence, the garden before Eve. As such, he is not just tempting but temptation embodied; “the Enemy,” to whom Linda often refers. [/quote]

This is not the only evangelist I’ve seen railing that gays are trying to escape the burdens of heterosexuality by escaping into irresponsible hedonism- they seem to think that homsexuals don’t have mortgages or pay taxes. They’re projecting their own fantasies (and the resentments of their followers).

[quote=“MikeN”]I think that is why a lot of these guys are sincere when they talk about homosexuality in general, and gay marriage in particular, as a threat to heterosexual society-
because it’s a threat to their own marriage and their own sexuality.

If you’re straight, the thought of two gays together should give rise to nothing more than a shrug. If you have inclinations to homosexuality but believe that it’s a horrible sin, it’s going to become an obsession.
From that same Atlantic article

.[quote] The life of the gay man, in the evangelical imagination, seems to be an endless succession of orgasms, interrupted only by jocular episodes of male bonhomie. The gay man promises Christian men a guilt-free existence, the garden before Eve. As such, he is not just tempting but temptation embodied; “the Enemy,” to whom Linda often refers. [/quote]

This is not the only evangelist I’ve seen railing that gays are trying to escape the burdens of heterosexuality by escaping into irresponsible hedonism- they seem to think that homsexuals don’t have mortgages or pay taxes. They’re projecting their own fantasies (and the resentments of their followers).[/quote]

“If you had SEEN what I’ve seen, if you’ve been where I’ve been…well, you dont wanna go there!”

:laughing:

[quote=“jdsmith”]
When you get confused, listen to the music play. [/quote]

Honey, I have triiiiied my best to get the Dead. I listened to it in HS because of my roommate. Then Tigerman gave me a live CD. It will never get into me, it’s in that old category of “that’s white folks music” :roflmao:

I think all this talk of whatever this thread is about is scurrilous! And I have to put on record my absolute determination to oppose any attempt to ecourage Japanese schoo… oh. Wrong forum. Oops. :blush:

First reactions:

• Well, it takes a thief to catch a thief…

• Isn’t fundamentalism itself a kind of kink?

• I always figured gays would prefer Episcopalianism, with all those poofy robes and rituals and stuff. (Anybody see their new American leader’s hat in the news yesterday? A hippy mitre!)

• He’s just trying to follow the words of Jesus, who said, “Him that can receive it, let him receive it.”

Are you gay? Unhappy? Get cured today! Like “Rex Ray, the Ex-Gay”:

bettybowers.com/ray1.html

First reaction: “Touch the screen! Heal! Heal!” :laughing:

SCNR

Hallelujah! Praise Jesus! Haggard is cured of his homosexuality! :notworthy:

[quote]Forced by a gay sex scandal to resign as president of the National Association of Evangelicals, the Rev. Ted Haggard now feels that after three weeks of intensive counseling, he is “completely heterosexual” . . .

Haggard had also told the board of overseers that his only sexual relationship involving another man had been with Michael Jones, the onetime Denver prostitute who exposed that three-year affair last fall. . .

“Jesus is starting to put me back together,” Mr. Haggard wrote . . .

“He is completely heterosexual,” Mr. Ralph told The Post, adding that Mr. Haggard’s homosexual activity had not been “a constant thing.” . . .[/quote]

nytimes.com/2007/02/07/us/07 … ei=5087%0A

So, I guess one is not really gay if one has homosexual sex with only one person over a three-year period. Or, maybe it’s the Jesus thing – that he was in effect born again as a heterosexual. Repent for your sins and start over with a clean slate. . . Hmmm. … .

I’m deeply concerned that Jesus is pulling him back together. I mean there’s some strong homosexual and religiose delusions right there.

HG