Another Girl Attacked by Taxi Driver

[quote=“redwagon”]Actually Llary, that fact has been established before via govt. figures. I forget the source now, but I have seen stats to back this up. I recall the numbers came up about 10 years ago when it became a matter of note that a disproportionate number of kidnappings and robberies were committed with a taxi involved somewhere as a getaway vehicle etc., and there was some discussion then about vetting the applicants for licenses. Of course nothing came of that.
Oh, and something like 80% of the drivers that have been incarcerated were in for violent crimes.[/quote]

I was calling the poster on what he wrote sounding awfully familiar :wink:

I always thought that was just Michael getting a bit too exciteable though… please don’t tell me it’s really true?! I had a friend back in the UK who went through hell and high water just to get a taxi license (and that was for private hire, not the black street cabs). Maybe I should tell him to give Taiwan a try - Criminals Welcome ™.

[quote=“llary”]I had a friend back in the UK who went through hell and high water just to get a taxi license…[/quote]Chalk and cheese. The UK you cannot get a taxi license if you’ve been convicted of any offence. In Taiwan it might be difficult to get one if you haven’t! :laughing: j/k