Another olympic lifetime ban

Poor guy broke his toe competing. Most other olympians only lose a race or something but dont break any body parts.

Sad ending with a lifetime ban. Wonder why the coach got a lifetime ban as well?

sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijin … &type=lgns

Still striking out at a referee is a big no no for the athlete, especially with a skill that could kill.

[quote=“tommy525”]Poor guy broke his toe competing. Most other olympians only lose a race or something but dont break any body parts.

Sad ending with a lifetime ban. Wonder why the coach got a lifetime ban as well?[/quote]
I guess for not apologizing on behalf of Matos but instead claiming the match was fixed and accusing the Kazakhs of offering him money.

Exactly, and thus a correct decision in my opinion. Check out some of the pics in different news articles, you can see that Matos takes agressive and threatening poses against others (those in the blue jackets), too, after he kicked the referee.

[quote=“Rascal”][quote=“tommy525”]Poor guy broke his toe competing. Most other olympians only lose a race or something but dont break any body parts.

Sad ending with a lifetime ban. Wonder why the coach got a lifetime ban as well?[/quote]
I guess for not apologizing on behalf of Matos but instead claiming the match was fixed and accusing the Kazakhs of offering him money.

Exactly, and thus a correct decision in my opinion. Check out some of the pics in different news articles, you can see that Matos takes agressive and threatening poses against others (those in the blue jackets), too, after he kicked the referee.[/quote]

That should be considered as assault and a jail term may be warranted. Getting attacked by a taekwondo expert is no joke.

I took taekwondo before and its a skill that can kill. NO joke there.