Another one bites the dust - Taiwan tells El Salvador to go jump

El Salvador says bye bye Taiwan hello China, BTW thats a nice big check book you have there.

Taiwan said bye bye first, no?

Beijing: Taiwanā€™s jubilation at President Tsai Ing-wenā€™s tour of a United States space centre has been crashed by China, which announced on Tuesday it had peeled away another Taiwanese ally, the central American nation of El Salvador.

Taiwanese Foreign Minister Joseph Wu accused El Salvador of demanding money from Taiwan for an ā€œunfeasible port developmentā€, which Taiwan had refused. Wu condemned Chinaā€™s ā€œeasy moneyā€.

ā€œAs a responsible member of the global community Taiwan will not engage in dollar nor debt-trap diplomacy with China,ā€ Wu said.

Ha, China and their ā€˜developmentā€™ help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh9xSA2gOZQ

1 Like

We told them to go jump in the lake. They didnā€™t break up with us, we broke up with them.

1 Like

One more video ā€¦

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThedGta_zr4

1 Like

Good saves tax payers money.

1 Like

The foreign ministry has previously highlighted the dangers of being enticed by Chinaā€™s promises of financial largesse, highlighting a US$1-billion-plus oil refinery project backed by Chinese funds that was eventually cancelled in 2016, leaving Costa Rocaā€™s national refiner with nothing to show but a multi-million dollar expenses bill.

Costa Rica switched diplomatic recognition from Taiwan to China in 2007.

Not to mention a current scandalous corruption case related to the purchase of cement from China which has costed them like half their supreme judges, several congresmen and almost toppled a bank or two.

Does it make any difference?
Itā€™s one less country who recognizes Taiwan. Soon, thereā€™ll be noneā€¦

Tuvalu will never betray us. ā€œKāfai e tō te vaiua kā 'siu tātou.ā€

What are you taking about?!
Screenshot_20180821-162901_1

Thatā€™s not Maori, itā€™s a Tuvaluan saying meaning, if it rains weā€™ll get wet. i.e. weā€™re in this come rain or come shine.

And by ā€˜weā€™ I assume you are talking about Taiwan and Tuvalu, right?
All others seem to be getting out of the rain or opening their ā€œmade in Chinaā€ umbrellasā€¦

Yes, Tuvalu will stand by Taiwan until they day they disappear into the Pacific Ocean.

Probably Palau too.

Taiwan:

1 Like

No mention of Malaysia in there that will be a big kick in the guts to China

1 Like

Someone - DPP legislator- came up with some numbers:

Capture%20_2018-08-21-19-15-17

What does El Salvador even do for Taiwan or can even do? We just saved some money on a meaningless ally.

My daughter just asked me what murder means (yes, Iā€™m a little bit scared too) and we ended up looking at murder rates by country. El Salvador is numero uno!

fuck em

3 Likes